Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunsandle Castle and Woods

Options
  • 12-03-2017 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

I love going exploring and came across Dunsandle castle today.. Is this place closed now or what is the sca with it? Also is there more to the woods there, hard to find good information on line...

Any other beauts around like this place, love old buildings or ruins.. And also interesting woods

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Frogscotch

Milly33 wrote: »
    I love going exploring and came across Dunsandle castle today.. Is this place closed now or what is the sca with it? Also is there more to the woods there, hard to find good information on line...

Any other beauts around like this place, love old buildings or ruins.. And also interesting woods

Carrabane fairy forest near loughrea is really cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Thanks for the reply Frogscotch! Ohh this looks like something I would like.. Is it easy to find them in Carrabane?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Frogscotch

Yes carrabane is tiny - the woods are not signposted but they're right behind the village pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Perfect thank you.. It seems not a lot of places like this are signposted? even the castle wasnt complete fluke i found it... One for the weekend so to go and visit thanks again

Advertisement