Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lleylandii becoming arboreal problem in Wicklow

Options
  • 12-03-2017 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,073 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a house last year in north Wicklow on 3/4 acre with loads of trees.

Most of them are wonderful. The row of 14 eight metre Lleylandii are not, but they are the only thing screening us from a neighbour's large house.

I have driven myself and long suffering wife demented with dithering over what to do.

Advice from two tree surgeons is to remove them, the problem is what to replace them with.

I'd like some (paid!) independent advice from an arboreal consultant (if that's a thing) who can take into account soil, drainage, help select suitable species and work out a planting plan for good screening trees and a hedge.

How do I find this expert? The tree surgeons are good at the removal bit, not so much on the planting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

You will want an arborists opinion then.

This isn't me but Roy Goodwin will either help you or point you in the right direction of a fellow arborist.

http://www.goodwin-arborist.com

The leylandii are just a blot on the landscape and "monsters on the loose" dosn't do them justice. Good to hear of someone interested in getting rid of them and looking for a suitable replacement planting scheme from a professional.

Advertisement