Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Log cabin

Options
  • 12-03-2017 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello is there any electricians on here i have a question.
    I am a irish elctrician but have left in 2008.
    I will be coming back to do a family members log cabin at summer.
    currently they live in a mobile unit. my question is there is a main house with a meter for the main house , and esb added Another meter to feed the mobile unit ,so both are feed from same esb supply, Another electrican has ran 16sq swa out to mobile i Thinks its 50 meters. my question is will i need to put down Earth rod from log cabin fuse board. Im sure i do but just need some input.
    I work in Scandinavia and they dont use rods atal.
    And any other big Changes.
    i have being Reading the 4th edtion so i like to keep up with the rules back home.
    i wont be using ring Circuit.
    i will be using rcbos for each Circuit even the lights.
    i have read now that switch fuse is no longer used just a mcb as main switch.
    also Twin and Earth Cable the cpc is now same size as live and neutral and has insulation,
    any advice will be appreciated.
    thanks.

Advertisement