Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recovering photos from a camera

Options
  • 12-03-2017 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Usually I use recuva for this but it wont see the camera when i attach it to the PC.

I dont have an SD card reader so the only way is attaching the camera to the PC.

I think the reason is its not mounted as a drive - but as a device.

I can navigate around the camera and see folders/JPEGs but its got no drive letter.

any ways of using recuva on this type of "drive" ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,650 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If you have a phone that can take an SD card put the card in the phone and connect it to the computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

You'd get an SD card reader in most €2 shops

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Or just get a cheap SD card reader from Dealz/EuroGiant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

If you have a phone that can take an SD card put the card in the phone and connect it to the computer.

As far as I know it's not the same. A phone would take a microSD, whereas cameras take the 'normal' size (quite larger).

When you have the camera attached, can you go in to Disk Manager and does it appear there?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,650 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

me_irl wrote: »
    As far as I know it's not the same. A phone would take a microSD, whereas cameras take the 'normal' size (quite larger).

When you have the camera attached, can you go in to Disk Manager and does it appear there?

My camera takes the microSD, suppose depends on the model.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

doesn't appear in diskmgmt.msc ... i'll buy an SC card reader - lets see what that yields.

Advertisement