Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

deer season 2017/18

• 12-03-2017 11:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭

hi all,getting into deer hunting next season,have some permissions sorted,but they dont know their folio numbers,how do i get these numbers,?i was told there is fee? rifle wise im looking at a tikka lite 243,(second hand)wildcat evo mod,i have a hawke 6-24x44 scope to start,ill be trading up my rem 700 223.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

https://www.landdirect.ie/pramap.aspx/

If your familiar with your permission or have an usable address then this is your man. I've used it for several permission and sections especially when I need to submit a map of the permission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭sniperman

https://www.landdirect.ie/pramap.aspx/

If your familiar with your permission or have an usable address then this is your man. I've used it for several permission and sections especially when I need to submit a map of the permission.

thanks,so i need to submit an address to get the folio number to landdirect?

Nope, if your familiar with the permission you should be able to pick it out the locations off the map.
    If you have a postal address ie ' The Farm, Boreen Rd, Killmicheal, Co Somewhere' you'll be able to enter this and locate the area.

This is a self service web site you'll need to play around with it, PC or Laptop is your best bet. You can zoom in onto the map and identify each location and it will give you a Folio numbers or multiple ones for each permission. Using the address will bring you straight to the location on the map. But remember fields may have folio numbers but rarely postal addresses.

thanks alot cooki.much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

just be aware not every piece of ground has a folio number

• Advertisement

ganmo wrote: »
    just be aware not every piece of ground has a folio number

thanks,so in that case what would one do if one got permission to hunt deer on on land with no folio number?

It's very unlikely that this will happen, ie no folio numbers. If you do a bit of research you'll see that there's a very high portion of all privately owned land registered through out the State. But from what I've read and heard if you don't have folio numbers or they are incorrect then it's a non starter with Parks and Wildlife.
    By the way this information will also give you the exact acreage which is handy for your application.

Advertisement