Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

starting, need advice

• 13-03-2017 1:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭

First off, I apologize if this general info is available in one of the longer pre-existing threads. I've always found direct answers far more useful and I'm not patient enough to read everything already posted. (I suck at forum etiquette) I'll keep it brief.

I've smoked far too much for far too long. But I don't feel ready to stop completely. I'm hoping vaping is the answer. But I know nothing.

I want something I can buy in Dublin, including refills, not online.

I want something as close to Marlboro lights as possible, the weird strawberry smelling stuff freaks me out.

Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions or tips are welcome. If there is a consensus, I'll buy it this week. I really appreciate the help. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

I like the logic pro I bought in tesco. It's sleek enough that it feels similar to smoking a cigarette and was pretty cheap. There are refills everywhere (RE Store, tesco, super value) and many different flavours a lot of which dont seem to be listed on their site and each shop seem to stock different ones. Initially I also thought "pfft strawberry whats the point in that?" but now its my favourite :o

I'm no vaping expert btw just bought it to stop myself from smoking 40 fags every time I had a drink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Off the top of my head there's ecirette on Talbot street, the purplebox in templebar and vintage vaperooms on fownes street upper. All decent shops you can go in and ask for the best advice and best juice recommendations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Chase3 wrote: »
    First off, I apologize if this general info is available in one of the longer pre-existing threads. I've always found direct answers far more useful and I'm not patient enough to read everything already posted. (I suck at forum etiquette) I'll keep it brief.

I've smoked far too much for far too long. But I don't feel ready to stop completely. I'm hoping vaping is the answer. But I know nothing.

I want something I can buy in Dublin, including refills, not online.

I want something as close to Marlboro lights as possible, the weird strawberry smelling stuff freaks me out.

Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions or tips are welcome. If there is a consensus, I'll buy it this week. I really appreciate the help. Thanks.

I'm an ex Marlboro Red & Rollies,smoking 50 - 60 fags a day for over 40 years,I have been vaping for over 8 years now,you will never find a replacement eliquid to match any ciggy out there,the thought of tasting fruits or mama's apple pie & custard instead of a fag was the most stupid thing I have ever heard:D:D
    I did the usual search for that tobacco replacement for a year & it cost me alot buying different tobacco flavours & hoping the next one is the one,it just doesn't exist,even with today's choices.
    All we need to stop smoking is Nicotine,doesn't matter about flavour at the moment,Nicotine in the eliquid will stop all those cravings for a fag,it simply works,you don't need all those other 2000 toxic's that's in a ciggy,it's the Nicotine that you crave for,those other 2000 toxic's is what gives you Cancer & heart decease,I know...

You need to start with a good set-up & the correct strength of Nicotine in your eliquid.
    The worst vaping gear is those ciga-like things that come with cartridges filled with eliquid,the ones you buy in shopping centre's & petrol stations,they are all crap.

Here is a short video explaining vaping for newbies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ8O5KO3WoY

I would recommend a Pockex,you will get these in a brick n mortar shop in Dublin,others will chime in & tell you where they are & you can get good advice from them & try a few different flavours for free,I would try eliquids with 18mg nicotine strength,try something that's not tobacco flavour...
    The Pockex price is around €24...

Here are 2 videos showing you the Pockex...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r9W5b_PQ5c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huBUI5zq6Js&t=428s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

Thanks for the info. I'll probably try all suggestions to see what works for me.

Advertisement