Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time renter, who supplies the wheelie bin?

Options
  • 13-03-2017 8:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    My partner and I just started renting for the first time in Ireland, it's just the two of us in the house and after moving everything in I noticed we don't have any wheelie bins. I was sure I saw them in the garden during the viewing and I'm wondering can I ask my landlord for them? Is it usually up to the landlord to supply wheelie bins? Our landlord seemed really nice and don't want to bother her to be told it's up to me to buy my own. I want to keep on their good side as I know a lot of people struggle to even get in touch with their landlords.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Bishopsback

Leanne91 wrote: »
    Hi,
    My partner and I just started renting for the first time in Ireland, it's just the two of us in the house and after moving everything in I noticed we don't have any wheelie bins. I was sure I saw them in the garden during the viewing and I'm wondering can I ask my landlord for them? Is it usually up to the landlord to supply wheelie bins? Our landlord seemed really nice and don't want to bother her to be told it's up to me to buy my own. I want to keep on their good side as I know a lot of people struggle to even get in touch with their landlords.
    Thanks.

Where I live you get in touch with the waste collection company, register with them and they supply the bins.
    If you move or deregister with the company they come and take back the bins, which might be why your bins are gone.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Your local bin supplier will drop them off when you set up an account. Depends where you are as to who that is. Not the responsibility of the landlord unless specifically mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭TENHNY

mostly up to the renter to sort their bins out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Whatever waste company you choose will send you bins free of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Leanne91

Thanks all! Much appreciated! Bins on the way, was surprised at some waste companies wanting us to pay for them. But most were free like you all said.

• Advertisement
Advertisement