Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS 350 repair

Options
  • 13-03-2017 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi

My alarm display is showing Low Battery and from other threads here I believe I can replace it myself. However there is a chirping noise emitting from the external box, is this normal with a low battery and will it disappear when I replace it or is it a separate issue?

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Your existing battery could be so bad that it is sucking power from your panel which is not at all ideal as this could over heat it.
    The chirping therefore could be caused by it.
    Yes you can change the battery yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭nebraska132

kub wrote: »
    Your existing battery could be so bad that it is sucking power from your panel which is not at all ideal as this could over heat it.
    The chirping therefore could be caused by it.
    Yes you can change the battery yourself.

Thanks the battery is probably about 5/6 yrs old - would it deteriorate so badly in this case

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Depends on a few factors...
    Quality of the battery
    Size of the battery
    Location of the panel
    Number of power cuts etc.....
    If the panel is telling you low battery you should get it replaced. I would also be getting the power supply and charge voltages checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thanks the battery is probably about 5/6 yrs old - would it deteriorate so badly in this case

Battery life can vary, normally 5/7 years.
    If the system is located in a hot press this will also lessen the life of the battery.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Quality of the battery
    Size of the battery
    Location of the panel
    If the panel is telling you low battery you should get it replaced. I would also be getting the power supply and charge voltages checked.

Hi I think I read in another post that the battery required for this system is 12volt 7.2 amp but when I unscrewed the box I found a 12volt 3.2amp one there - I assume I can't use the 7.2 amp one I bought ????

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    Quality of the battery
    Size of the battery
    Location of the panel

Hi I think I read in another post that the battery required for this system is 12volt 7.2 amp but when I unscrewed the box I found a 12volt 3.2amp one there - I assume I can't use the 7.2 amp one I bought ????

The new one will work also, it will keep your system up longer in the event of a power outage as its a higher Amp and bigger battery.
    The output is still 12V which your system needs.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You can if it will fit. Depending on cable entry & wiring on some CS350s the 7amp can be a tight fit. This would also result in heating up quicker if there is poor air flow around it.
    Either size battery will do, and if the 7amp fits you will get longer downtime in the event of a power cut.This does no necessarily mean longer life though.

Thanks everyone for your help - the simple battery replacement stopped the external box chirping and saved me a few quid.

Glad it helped. Enjoy the peace.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone for your help - the simple battery replacement stopped the external box chirping and saved me a few quid.

Brilliant, glad you got it sorted.

Advertisement