Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eye wateringly expensive Chocolate in Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭antonymous

Amalgam wrote: »
    Regardless of price, think of the person you're gifting it to.

Some people, myself included, get absolutely vile 'wine-hangover-like' headaches after a cocoa heavy chocolate binge.

Leonidas might have some here eye rolling, but it might be perfect for someone that gets cocoa headaches. Not everyone tolerates it.

Thats a good point, some people get migraines from really dark choc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Bookmarked for after Lent :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

enda1 wrote: »
    What? :rolleyes:

Yeah, Lidl do a dark 70% one for €1.29. It's nice as well, but I go for the 81% one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Chez Emily
    Not sure of prices but such delicious chocolate.
    Irish made too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

2007 is a decade ago <-- :pac:

Anyone remember the €65 bottles of water sold in BTs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

OldBean wrote: »
    Proper Order, a cafe off Smithfield, has a curated selection of Cocoa Runners rather expensive chocolates from around the world.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

This is it. People hand over big money for bullsh*t terminology.

The chocolatier wore cashmere gloves and a hairless Persian cat sniffed them. We better add another €100 on to the price even though it doesn't affect the consumer in any tangible way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

This is it. People hand over big money for bullsh*t terminology.

The chocolatier wore cashmere gloves and a hairless Persian cat sniffed them. We better add another €100 on to the price even though it doesn't affect the consumer in any tangible way.

Sometimes paying for the 'theatre' of premium products & services is worth it in itself. Only the driest of dry ****es wouldn't get that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭hungry hypno toad

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    Sometimes paying for the 'theatre' of premium products & services is worth it in itself. Only the driest of dry ****es wouldn't get that.

Those hairless cats are manky though. Wouldn't want anything they had sniffed.

Those hairless cats are manky though. Wouldn't want anything they had sniffed.

Better than a hairy cat. I don't want cat hair in my expensive choccies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Hang on, you clicked in to a thread asking about eye wateringly expensive chocolate and got bothered about someone offering a curated selection? I'd be more bothered my if eye wateringly expensive chocolate wasn't curated...

Ben D Bus wrote: »

Only the most gullible of gobsh*tes lap up all that stuff.

It's not about being gullible. That would suggest not knowing what's going on.

The theatre element is about knowing exactly what's going on. You're paying for the nonsense, and enjoying it thoroughly!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭antonymous

You're obviously the type of guy who'd buy a woman a CZ because its shiny enough........ no need to buy her an actual diamond...

Based on your comments on other threads, you're one salty little individual.

Spare us your BS.

You reek of cheap and tacky, boy.

antonymous wrote: »
    You're obviously the type of guy who'd buy a woman a CZ because its shiny enough........ no need to buy her an actual diamond...

Based on your comments on other threads, you're one salty little individual.

Spare us your BS.

You reek of cheap and tacky, boy.

Going through my posts? Creepy...

Not salty at all and so far from a penny pincher that you wouldn't believe.
    I also bought my wife a diamond engagement ring if you must know.

I think anybody who buys something for someone based solely on cost is a sad and shallow individual but hey... that's just my opinion on this public message board where you should expect opinions.
    No need to cry about it.

It's great how you can judge a complete stranger on under 20 posts. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Brown Thomas has some good expensive choice, Godiva, Charbonnel et Walker etc

Also Leonidas is good and pricey, good but pricey

Advertisement