Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to send email in Outlook 2016

Options
  • 13-03-2017 10:15am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I hope someone can help me with this issue. Basically, I'm getting the following error when I try to send email with Outlook 2016 and I don't know why. I've Goggled the error code but found nothing that helped. I'd very grateful if someone can help resolve the issue for me. Thanks.
    Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hermy wrote: »
    I hope someone can help me with this issue. Basically, I'm getting the following error when I try to send email with Outlook 2016 and I don't know why. I've Goggled the error code but found nothing that helped. I'd very grateful if someone can help resolve the issue for me. Thanks.

Are you able to receive email on that account in Outlook 2016?
    Can you access that account in another client (e.g. Thunderbird) and send/receive mail there?
    Can you send mail using a different account (perhaps added under a different Outlook profile) in Outlook 2016?
    Have you checked if your ISP/email provider have any FAQs or help guides for using Outlook 2016, including things like confirming that you're using the right ports?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

At the top left in Outlook click File, then Account Settings. Click on your email address and click Change.

Ensure all your settings are correct (outgoing server may have changed). As Fysh mentioned, check these settings with your ISP.

If you reset your password, be sure to update it here too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I think I've found the problem.
    I was able to send and receive emails from the Eir web server without any problems so I went back to the old machine to check the blocked list. Late last year I was being pestered with spam and blocking senders to beat the band.
    Going through that list I discovered my own email address in the blocked list.
    I've removed it from the list but still can't send emails from Outlook.
    Would it still be getting flagged somewhere up the chain?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hermy wrote: »
    I think I've found the problem.
    I was able to send and receive emails from the Eir web server without any problems so I went back to the old machine to check the blocked list. Late last year I was being pestered with spam and blocking senders to beat the band.
    Going through that list I discovered my own email address in the blocked list.
    I've removed it from the list but still can't send emails from Outlook.
    Would it still be getting flagged somewhere up the chain?

BTW

I doubt that's the issue, tbh. That would only explain it if your ISP had flagged you as a spammer, in which case you'd likely have had messages from them stating that you have been identified as a source of spam. If it's just your local blocklist, that should be getting applied locally by Outlook.

Check your settings with your ISP and contact their support - it may be a wider issue rather than a fault on your machine.

Advertisement