Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone used hedging.ie?

Options
  • 13-03-2017 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Looking at getting some laurel hedging and was looking at hedging.ie. Just wondering if anyone here has used them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

E mailed him on Friday for a price on some hedging and no reply yet. I find it odd because I've seen this guys adds in various places for several years. If I haven't heard anything by tomorrow I'll go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,073 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Squiggle wrote: »
    E mailed him on Friday for a price on some hedging and no reply yet. I find it odd because I've seen this guys adds in various places for several years. If I haven't heard anything by tomorrow I'll go elsewhere.
    If I walked away from every Irish contractor who didn't respond to e-mail I'd never get anything done.:pac:

Have you tried using the phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Found them to be fairly responsive via email. Just wondering if anyone can comment on the quality of hedging supplied?

Lumen wrote: »
    If I walked away from every Irish contractor who didn't respond to e-mail I'd never get anything done.:pac:

Have you tried using the phone?

No. Why should I chase someone to give them my money? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

No. Why should I chase someone to give them my money? :confused:

If they are cheaper than other suppliers then you are cutting your nose off to spite your face by not going with them just because you dont think you should give them a call.

• Advertisement

Meeeee79 wrote: »
    If they are cheaper than other suppliers then you are cutting your nose off to spite your face by not going with them just because you dont think you should give them a call.

I'd prefer to pay more and get an efficient service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

I'd prefer to pay more and get an efficient service.

I'd have to agree with you here why people in this country dont jump on emails I'll never know.

They can send the info and leave you to think about it and save time with you himming and hawwing on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,073 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Bazzy wrote: »
    I'd have to agree with you here why people in this country dont jump on emails I'll never know.
    Lots of reasons. Some people are illiterate or dyslexic or struggle to write well. Some people don't have broadband. Some people just don't like technology. Some people (particularly salespeople) find that they get more tyre-kicking over e-mail than with a phone call.

You can take the attitude that it's bad customer service, and that just narrows down your list of possible suppliers, but I know that if I relied on e-mail I'd have to find a new plumber, gardener and tree surgeon because none of them use it for business purposes.

edit: actually there is one gardener I've dealt with who is excellent at e-mail. He charges €120/hr.

Lumen wrote: »
    Lots of reasons. Some people are illiterate or dyslexic or struggle to write well. Some people don't have broadband. Some people just don't like technology. Some people (particularly salespeople) find that they get more tyre-kicking over e-mail than with a phone call.

You can take the attitude that it's bad customer service, and that just narrows down your list of possible suppliers, but I know that if I relied on e-mail I'd have to find a new plumber, gardener and tree surgeon because none of them use it for business purposes.

It seems blindingly obvious to me that if you don't want to do any business by e mail then don't provide your e mail address as a point of contact !

edit: actually there is one gardener I've dealt with who is excellent at e-mail. He charges €120/hr.

€960 per day for a gardener sounds plausible alright. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

I used them for beech hedging . 400+ about 3 years ago . No complaints

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Thekeencyclist

Pacifico wrote: »
    Looking at getting some laurel hedging and was looking at hedging.ie. Just wondering if anyone here has used them?

Got 100 Laurel from him approx. 5 years ago. Rang him to price them (he was no more expensive than anywhere else at the time) and he delivered them to me the following morning - (Granted I got lucky and he was actually passing my area on his way to Sligo with a trailer load of trees and hedging). No issues with the hedging, they all took to the ground and none died.

Advertisement