Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debit card charged twice

Options
  • 13-03-2017 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I used my debit card in a restaurant on holiday a few days ago. The cashier told me that the transaction failed the first time, and asked me to try again.

I just checked 365 Online and the transaction is now showing twice.  Is this something that will resolve itself in a few days, or is there anything I need to do to get my money back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

DeeTee100 wrote: »
    I used my debit card in a restaurant on holiday a few days ago. The cashier told me that the transaction failed the first time, and asked me to try again.

I just checked 365 Online and the transaction is now showing twice.  Is this something that will resolve itself in a few days, or is there anything I need to do to get my money back?
    Hi DeeTee100,

Thanks for getting in touch.

This should correct itself within the next couple of days. If the payment is still showing five days after the transaction date, you'd need to contact the restaurant for a refund although in most cases this corrects automatically.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭DeeTee100

Just to update, the money has now been returned to my account. Thanks for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

DeeTee100 wrote: »
    Just to update, the money has now been returned to my account. Thanks for your help
    Thanks for letting us know DeeTee100, please get in touch again if you need anything else.

Thanks
    Nicola

Advertisement