Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhere to take books?

• 13-03-2017 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭

I did a clearout over the weekend and have about 30-40 books that I'm not going to use again, mostly 'chick-lit', some biographies and crime.
    A lot of the charity shops don't seem to take them anymore and I don't know what else to do with them.
    Does anyone know if there's anywhere that would take them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭eimsRV

Oxfam still take books. Some hospitals/hospices also welcome book donations, worth calling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

The recycling centre in mungret has a sort of book exchange that will take them, drop off yours and pick up some others if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭cupan_tae

There's a 2nd hand book shop opposite The city center car park - between Thomas Street and Roches Street ! Might be a handy one if you need to park car, wont have to far to walk with the books....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Freecycle.org. Someone will pick them up

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭1moreyr

Mid West Simon charity shop on Roches Street takes books and if you can't find parking you can drop them to their office on steamboat quay on the dock road (directly opposite Live 95fm).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

I did a clearout over the weekend and have about 30-40 books that I'm not going to use again, mostly 'chick-lit', some biographies and crime. A lot of the charity shops don't seem to take them anymore and I don't know what else to do with them. Does anyone know if there's anywhere that would take them?

The Irish Cancer Society shop on Thomas St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Thanks everyone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

The Animal Welfare on Parnell street will take them and the few bob they might get for them goes to the animals

Advertisement