Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time bachelor of arts (honours) Accounting?

Options
  • 13-03-2017 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi, Im thinking of doing the four year part time accounting course.. is there anyone that has done it? Just wondering what is it like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

Tal9555 wrote: »
    Hi, Im thinking of doing the four year part time accounting course.. is there anyone that has done it? Just wondering what is it like?

Is ACCA not an option?

It would open far more doors, id imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Tal9555

barrier86 wrote: »
    Is ACCA not an option?

Honestly, I've never realy looked into it, I'm not even sure how to go about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

barrier86 wrote: »
    Is ACCA not an option?

I disagree. If you do PT in GCD (not sure same in Carlow) you get F1-F9 exemptions and you have a degree on your CV alongside it. Also its a 3 yr course.

Much better route plus it opens more doors outside of accountancy if you change your mind.

I've done the course, I know people who have done both ways. Degree route is better for a huge number of reasons.

Advertisement