Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R127 road, barely painted lines and no cats eyes

Options
  • 13-03-2017 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

For the traffic that uses this road, it seems desperate how badly it is specced. Any reason why Fingal Coco dont sort this out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

guylikeme wrote: »
    For the traffic that uses this road, it seems desperate how badly it is specced. Any reason why Fingal Coco dont sort this out?

The road from the quarry to the turn off for the Man o War has poorly painted lines and no cat's eye for the safety of the motorcycle racers when the Skerries 100 and the Killalane road places take place.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭McAlban

SPAWKER wrote: »
    The road from the quarry to the turn off for the Man o War has poorly painted lines and no cat's eye for the safety of the motorcycle racers when the Skerries 100 and the Killalane road places take place.

Sorry But that's nonsense, the entire R127 From Blakes Cross to Skerries is in the same condition due to the age of the road surface. Like Most Regional Roads in Fingal there's no Cat's Eyes and Faded Lines. This has nothing to do with a couple of weekends a year this section of Road is used for Motorcycle racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I can understand the cat eye issue on that stretch of road but the road markings in general are terrible. The roads around Fingal with a few exceptions feel and look dirty

It never ceases to amaze me when I am up in the Mournes (or even when you go by Carrickarnan) how well the roads are marked especially along the edges. It feels a lot safer driving on the roads up there at night time. A lot of the roads there even where there is a lot of farm traffic are much cleaner so the markings are more visible.

Advertisement