Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling back to the States after 2.5 yrs but not sure if i over stayed my visa...

Options
  • 13-03-2017 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

I tried to call the embassy but can't seem to get to talk to anyone.

Anyway, I completed a Masters and worked in California from January 2009 to September 2014.
    I was on an F1 visa and I'm 99% sure I returned to Ireland before the visa end date. They did not stamp my passport when leaving.

1. I want to make 100% I didn't overstay the visa
    2. (This is embarrassing as it is stupid) I was arrested is Tahoe during a stag do, peeing at the back of a nightclub outside at 3am. Anyway, I had to go to court, paid a fine and that was that but obviously i have to declare this at immigration (I have all court documentation, fine payment etc). I know they have everything on file but I'm not sure it would even show up at this stage as it was quashed (but still visible to immigration)

I'm booked to go to San Francisco in 4 weeks time. Is the arrest thing something I would need to visit the embassy about or what would your advice be?

Comments

Advertisement