Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v Manchester United FA Cup Match Thread k/o 19.45 BBC.

• 13-03-2017 5:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

3E396B1200000578-0-image-a-30_1489404639200.jpg

chelsea-v-manchester-united-likely-line-ups.jpg?strip=all&w=750&quality=100

Form guide - all competitions

CHELSEA - WWWDW

MAN UNITED - DDWWW

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

United form guide is incorrect.... drew with Bournemouth and Rostov..... Obviously this will have a major influence on tonight's match :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Chelsea should stroll this 3-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Vanolder wrote: »
    Chelsea should stroll this 3-0.

I'll have a charity bet with you that United won't be beaten by 3 goals or more? :)

You game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Rashford definitely travelled seperately so wouldn't be surprised to see him play. Despite what the current "update" out of OT is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hard to see past a Chelsea win here, but United have every chance when they have Ibrahi...oh wait no, well at least they've got Roo...nope, he's gone too. Martial? Also fecked!

Cahill and company better watch out for dem elbows so (and not much else). :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Nalz wrote: »
    I'll have a charity bet with you that United won't be beaten by 3 goals or more? :)

You game?

What's a charity bet? If we could edit our monikers i'd offer you naming rights for the rest of the season.... I did say Chelsea 'should', mate - not that they 'would' so no need to get so uppity - But i'll take the bet depending on T&Cs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

secman wrote: »
    United form guide is incorrect.... drew with Bournemouth and Rostov..... Obviously this will have a major influence on tonight's match :)

Corrected.... we'll win now... I wish. Hopefully rashers is in the starting 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Chelsea to win by one. Maybe two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Draw utd and Jose can claim the didn't lose when they get knocked out in extra time.

The record books will show a draw.

A red card or 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Well Utd boards fans have conceded the match, they are not bothered by this cup, way down the list of priorities, hopefully word doesn't filter through to the team, they may not bother showing up if so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

No recognised CF should see us being a bit more comfortable, Utd tend not to lose many games so I cant see it being as one sided as the first encounter or as comfortable.

We've changed up the starting XI in the cup games this year but I think it will be full strength tonight.

Given Utd dont have a great record at the Bridge I'd be hoping we have enough in the tank to get the win as I think whoever wins this game, will win the cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

0 0 or 1 0 to either team would be my guess. The last four of the fa cup will be as strong as I can remember in recent years.

• Well Utd boards fans have conceded the match, they are not bothered by this cup, way down the list of priorities, hopefully word doesn't filter through to the team, they may not bother showing up if so.

"Hey! Man utd boards! How we lookin? Are we bothered?!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    "Hey! Man utd boards! How we lookin? Are we bothered?!"

Course we are bovered love to win tonight just can't see it happening we playing the best team in the country and missing at least 3 of our front line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I'd absolutely love to win this game, I'd absolutely love to retain this cup.

I also think that Chelsea are huge favourites for the match tonight and rightly so. In the context of this season too given we've already won a domestic cup it's 3rd in the list of our remaining priorities.

Vanolder wrote: »
    What's a charity bet? If we could edit our monikers i'd offer you naming rights for the rest of the season.... I did say Chelsea 'should', mate - not that they 'would' so no need to get so uppity - But i'll take the bet depending on T&Cs.

Not getting uppity! Just looking to make money for some charity seeing as you think Chelsea should walk it or coast it 3-0. I'm on my phone so cant remember or see the exact lingo you used to imply it should be easy for them to win by that score.

You name a legit Irish charity, and if Chelsea win by 3 or more I'll donate €20 to it, otherwise you donate it. I suggest Irish cancer society but I'll let you pick.

People are obsessed with what Jose will say or United's record

Yes, yes they are!

I'm not really. I just want us to get 4th or win another trophy, preferably Europa!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Hope it goes to penos.

I would also very much like to win, who is this Man Utd boards character people keep paraphrasing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Not sure who I hate more lol .!

Hoping for a entertaining game with plenty of red cards and injurys galore, hopefully , hopefully it will go to penos to to make it as exiting as possible for us neutrals, 2-2 in normal time at a guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Costa and Hazard to pick up season ending knocks (allowing Liverpool to win league).

Yeah that'll happen....

will either start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

davycc wrote: »

Hoping for a entertaining game with plenty of red cards and injurys galore, hopefully , hopefully it will go to penos to to make it as exiting as possible for us neutrals, 2-2 in normal time at a guess

Classy bunch.

For a neutral (with a side in the semi final) thats not half asking for much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Well Utd boards fans have conceded the match, they are not bothered by this cup, way down the list of priorities, hopefully word doesn't filter through to the team, they may not bother showing up if so.

What on earth are you talking about? I didnt realise you were the offical spokesperson for the Utd boards fan. So apologies for contradicting you but I would love to see Utd win tonight and win the Cup. Obviously the Europa League is ahead of it but winning any major trophy is a success.

I feel like you're just posting this rubbish so that in the event of a Utd win tonight you can falsely claim that Utd fans changed their tune about winning the cup only after they bet Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

If Fellaini goes in with elbows swinging, don't be surprised to see Luiz drop like he's been shot early on in the first half. And I say that as a Chelsea fan.

Duck Soup wrote: »
    If Fellaini goes in with elbows swinging, don't be surprised to see Luiz drop like he's been shot early on in the first half. And I say that as a Chelsea fan.

Fellaini been very good lately infairness to him, he hasn't had so much as a yellow card since near the start of season.

If anyone goes near our ander you can expect ander to drop quicker then you ever see Luiz drop.

Just wonder if Fellaini as been stewing on that kick in the thigh that Luiz marked him with in the league game and got away with. He could be out to leave a bit on him in return. I hope not, or if he does he leaves it until the end of the game.

Jayop wrote: »
    Just wonder if Fellaini as been stewing on that kick in the thigh that Luiz marked him with in the league game and got away with. He could be out to leave a bit on him in return. I hope not, or if he does he leaves it until the end of the game.

Give him one for Rafael too.

Injuries spelt wrong, and used in a ****ish manner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

As a United fan, I hope for a good enjoyable game, no controversy and may the best or luckiest team win :) ...hopefully United, anything is possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

What on earth are you talking about? I didnt realise you were the offical spokesperson for the Utd boards fan. So apologies for contradicting you but I would love to see Utd win tonight and win the Cup. Obviously the Europa League is ahead of it but winning any major trophy is a success.

I feel like you're just posting this rubbish so that in the event of a Utd win tonight you can falsely claim that Utd fans changed their tune about winning the cup only after they bet Chelsea.

Maybe he's just a little bitter with Liverpool out of all the cups.

One should never wish a rival to get injured, it is sport, not war.

Maybe he's just a little bitter with Liverpool out of all the cups.

Nah, he's a nice guy really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Would be concerned if we had a full team playing, with so many injuries can't look past a comfortable Chelsea win

It's kinda refreshing going into a game that we will most likely lose not being overly worried about it due to the fixture problems winning would cause.

Like I said, I'd love to win the thing but it's relaxing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Rashford starts, rojo in midfield.

user2011 wrote: »
    Rashford starts, rojo in midfield.

Say it's 352 to match chelsea

Valencia on the wing or a back 5?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

The size of the squad utd have to pick from is incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

My guess at it
    Ddg
    Jones Smalling Rojo
    Valencia Pogba Herrera Darmian
    Mkhitaryan Rashford Young

A team to surprise, all going well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

United will be on defensive mode for sure, Mourinho will want to try nick a goal or get it to penos while expending as little energy as possible.

niallo27 wrote: »

Yeah, I think in terms of squad depth and 12-22 we have the strongest bunch of players. We just don't have a strong enough 1-11 on the basis of this year. Amazing really with all the additions we've had.

niallo27 wrote: »

They need them all this season, as it will be two games a week for most non international weeks.

RobertKK wrote: »
    They need them all this season, as it will be two games a week for most non international weeks.

Every week should we now progress to the EL semi finals and we'll have to play 4 games in 8 days at some stage should we win tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Chelsea team:
    Courtois
    Azp Luiz Cahill
    Moses Kante Matic Alonso
    Willian Costa Hazard

domrush wrote: »
    Chelsea team:
    Courtois
    Azp Luiz Cahill
    Moses Kante Matic Alonso
    Willian Costa Hazard

Strongest possible 11 by my count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

domrush wrote: »
    Chelsea team:
    Courtois
    Azp Luiz Cahill
    Moses Kante Matic Alonso
    Willian Costa Hazard

Solid looking team you would think they will have too much for utd at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Jayop wrote: »
    Strongest possible 11 by my count.

Yeah possibly Pedro in for Willian but more or less. Fab and Pedro to come on at 65 if its deadlocked maybe

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement