Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v Manchester United FA Cup Match Thread k/o 19.45 BBC.

Comments

• Fair play to Chelsea deserved to go through
    Disappointing result but we were always up against it with 10 men
    Kante is a class bit of stuff
    I wanted Utd to win the cup so real shame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

where the hell was Pogba?

Kantes pocket again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Kante's pockets knows no bounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Lol. He was fine 11v11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    I don't think so. Ruined it for Utd maybe.

So you enjoyed watching that game? Apart from watching United lose as a Liverpool fan? Fair enough if so, thought it was a pretty ****e game myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Pretty dull affair in the end.

Can't be any complaints about the sending off, and Valencia was lucky to stay on the pitch.

Shocking how United just accepted the game was over after the sending off...very Moyes/Vang Hal esque.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No Mickey Mouse Treble for utd not that they wanted to win it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,080 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

BBC announce they won't be showing any semi finals this year yet? Controller of sport is at a loss. Understand they're in negotiations to show United reserves that day instead.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Kantes pocket again.

He's been spending a lot of time in pockets thus season!!

Kante is a different class to him.

• Advertisement

It would be nice to win another double but the semi final line up is pretty stacked, theres no real easy draw there.

I'd prefer to play Arsenal or Spurs though, Spurs have been abysmal at Wembley and Arsenal usually crumble under any sign of pressure but at this stage, for the first time in tears, there is no easy game in the FA cup semi final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Paul Pogba, mall cop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Pretty dull affair in the end.

Can't be any complaints about the sending off, and Valencia was lucky to stay on the pitch.

Shocking how United just accepted the game was over after the sending off...very Moyes/Vang Hal esque.

I don't think they accepted it was over, i think Chelsea were just that good. That's why they're dominating the league.

I still think Chelsea would have won even 11v11

Ideally Chelsea will draw Arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

No Mickey Mouse Treble for utd not that they wanted to win it anyway.

what age are you?? Could you not provide a bit of mature contribution to the thread instead of wierd immature posts intentionally aimed at irritating others and causing friction on the thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

Smalling is DREADFUL.

Rojo is top class

He wasn't top class for the goal with his bloody arms stuck behind his back

• Advertisement

shane. wrote: »
    He wasn't top class for the goal with his bloody arms stuck behind his back

Lmao

what age are you?? Could you not provide a bit of mature contribution to the thread instead of wierd immature posts intentionally aimed at irritating others and causing friction on the thread..

This is coming from the poster who derails every thread with his digs at AIG lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

awwwwwww pour Mourinho ..... hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Pretty stupid post-match interview.

Easy to look at the 2nd incident and say it's not worthy of a 2nd yellow card but taken in the overall context of the game it was inevitable that a Man Utd player would be sent off. When you send your team out to kick players and spoil the game then, if the referee is strong, it will be punished. Mourinho's record in that regard speaks for itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Favourable draws in the semi-finals hope we get city in the final

5 game ban for Rojo incoming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

At last bbc show Rojo stamp. 5 games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I thought I saw a stamp there alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Ban for rojo coming up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Hahahahah
    Just curious about your thoughts on that stamp now?

Poor from Costa - cheat

Awful from Rojo - should be banned and fined

Haha BBC talking about Jose bouncing up and down and bypass the nutjob beside him Conte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I guess Rojo actually did stamp so, despite the laughs in here

Easy to look at the 2nd incident and say it's not worthy of a 2nd yellow card but taken in the overall context of the game it was inevitable that a Man Utd player would be sent off. When you send your team out to kick players and spoil the game then, if the referee is strong, it will be punished. Mourinho's record in that regard speaks for itself.

Didn't you praise jose time after time when he was Chelsea boss winning titles?

• Advertisement

• martyos121 wrote: »
    Not similar, but he looked to be the next best midfielder available after Pogba and I 100% believe ye would have gone for him (and got him, bigger club than Chelsea).

Turns out Kante is miles ahead of him, but Pogba has to improve, he was too good at Juventus to play this badly. I hope he doesn't of course and his next transfer is for £5m to a second-rate French team, but that's no surprise to you I'm sure. ;)
    It's easy to single out Pogba today but against ten men it was always going to be tough

Kante is a dm by trade, and a fantastic one at that

Pogba is not so I'd expect we will be signing that type of player in the summer to continue to build the squad

I'd have complete confidence Pogba will come good just not as quick as everybody else seems to think

I guess Rojo actually did stamp so, despite the laughs in here

OH Christ l, two people on the beeb said to then it must be true..

If you took a moment to rewind and watch it you can clearly see he JABS him with his toe and tries as soon as possible to move out the way

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Is the world's most expensive player even in the top 30 (50 even) players in the league? I've seen nothing from Pogba to suggest he's worth more than about 25 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If you took a moment to rewind and watch it you can clearly see he JABS him with his toe and tries as soon as possible to move out the way

Call it a jab, call it whatever you want, looks a stamp to me.

https://twitter.com/noizeuk/status/841408125110505472

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It's painfully funny how utterly delusional you are. You won't get comedy like this in Vicar Street.

Call it a jab, call it whatever you want, looks a stamp to me.

https://twitter.com/noizeuk/status/841408125110505472

He's jumping over Hazard before hazard tumbles down. Doesn't look at the player and the moment he feels contact pulls his foot away. It's the furthest thing from an intentional stamp you're like to see this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

sabat wrote: »
    Is the world's most expensive player even in the top 30 (50 even) players in the league? I've seen nothing from Pogba to suggest he's worth more than about 25 million.

Bad trolling.

martyos121 wrote: »
    It's painfully funny how utterly delusional you are. You won't get comedy like this in Vicar Street.

This coming from the same fan base that was citing Costa playing up as Jose was on the side line.
    Yup no worries

• FFS rojo
    Another player banned is the last thing we needed
    Stupid is stupid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Easy to look at the 2nd incident and say it's not worthy of a 2nd yellow card but taken in the overall context of the game it was inevitable that a Man Utd player would be sent off.
    But what about the rules of the game? Can it apply to a team and not a single player? A player getting sent off for consistent fouling for his 2nd foul seems not entirely in keeping with the rules of the game.

Chelsea fans used to be vilified for backing everything Jose done to the hilt and seeing an "agenda" from the FA.

As an outsider now looking in, I can see why we were treated with such contempt over it.

I can see some the odd Utd fan here and there are under the spell already, its a dangerous trap to fall into lads, we done it twice.

martyos121 wrote: »

This coming from the same fan base that was citing Costa playing up as Jose was on the side line.
    Yup no worries

Didn't you praise jose time after time when he was Chelsea boss winning titles?

Praised his ability to win trophies but that wasn't nearly as evident in his 2nd stint as his 1st, and if he isn't winning trophies then there's not much else to him because his teams are dire to watch. Case in point tonight. I said it before the season began and I'll say ir again, his football is old hat when you see it agaist the Conte's, Guardiola's and Klopp's of this world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

He's jumping over Hazard before hazard tumbles down. Doesn't look at the player and the moment he feels contact pulls his foot away. It's the furthest thing from an intentional stamp you're like to see this year.

Ah jasus

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Chelsea fans used to be vilified for backing everything Jose done to the hilt and seeing an "agenda" from the FA.

As an outsider now looking in, I can see why we were treated with such contempt over it.

I can see some the odd Utd fan here and there are under the spell already, its a dangerous trap to fall into lads, we done it twice.

But it was okay when he was walking the league and winning the European cup?

Did you hear yourself earlier putting a grown man's play acting down to another manager 50 yards away on the side line.

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    FFS rojo
    Another player banned is the last thing we needed
    Stupid is stupid

I dont know, I think its more innocent than it looks, theres no force behind and I dont think he was wreckless with it and Hazard is up straight away.

It would be harsh to ban him for it IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Yup no worries
    Yup no worries

I heard you the first time. Still a 2/10 post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Praised his ability to win trophies but that wasn't nearly as evident in his 2nd stint as his 1st, and if he isn't winning trophies then there's not much else to him because his teams are dire to watch. Case in point tonight. I said it before the season began and I'll say ir again, his football is old hat when you see it agaist the Conte's, Guardiola's and Klopp's of this world.

Liar, once proved but still continuing with the same ****.

But it was okay when he was walking the league and winning the European cup?

No, it never is, you tolerate it because its yours and you defend it even when its wrong but when youre looking in, its a different kettle of fish.

I've nothing but respect for him anyway, always will.

If conte comes close to matching Joses record with us I'll be delighted.

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    I dont know, I think its more innocent than it looks, theres no force behind and I dont think he was wreckless with it and Hazard is up straight away.

It would be harsh to ban him for it IMO.

The intention is there from what I can see. I would be surprised if he gets away with it.
    Shame as he's having such a good season

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement