Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v Manchester United FA Cup Match Thread k/o 19.45 BBC.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Thanks for quoting me twice I didn't know you were the Simon Cowell of match threads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

He's jumping over Hazard before hazard tumbles down. Doesn't look at the player and the moment he feels contact pulls his foot away. It's the furthest thing from an intentional stamp you're like to see this year.

He seems to put more venom coming down on his right foot for me. It's not clear cut but I think it's a stamp

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

But what about the rules of the game? Can it apply to a team and not a single player? A player getting sent off for consistent fouling for his 2nd foul seems not entirely in keeping with the rules of the game.

Ref makes it clear after the Jones foul. Man Utd set out to target a player and unlawfully kick him off the pitch, next foul on him was a yellow. Nobody's fault but Herrera's that he rashly fouled that same player only a few seconds after the ref gave the warning. Conte said post game that for the first 30 Hazard wasn't allowed to play, this was done through illegal means and the ref did well to see to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sabat wrote: »
    Is the world's most expensive player even in the top 30 (50 even) players in the league? I've seen nothing from Pogba to suggest he's worth more than about 25 million.

Hopefully he doesn't end up like Ozil who meanders around the place now like he is playing a game he is unfamiliar with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    The intention is there from what I can see. I would be surprised if he gets away with it.
    Shame as he's having such a good season

If he does get done its probably because we had a high profile incident only the other week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Thanks for quoting me twice I didn't know you were the Simon Cowell of match threads

Your upset man. We have all been there. Better to walk away from the thread it will only boil you over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

Surely will get banned

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Liar, once proved but still continuing with the same ****.

Well statistically his 2nd stint was nowhere near the success of his 1st so....tough to lie about that.

And my comments about him pre season are easily proved too and backed up by Man Utd's poor league position and poor head to head record against other top sides in the league.

Praised his ability to win trophies but that wasn't nearly as evident in his 2nd stint as his 1st, and if he isn't winning trophies then there's not much else to him because his teams are dire to watch. Case in point tonight. I said it before the season began and I'll say ir again, his football is old hat when you see it agaist the Conte's, Guardiola's and Klopp's of this world.

Hahaha. Didn't he win the league at a canter year 1 of his return.2nd season players downed tools

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

I imagine Rojo will get banned, didn't look too intentional, but I don't think Mings looked intentional either!!!

• Advertisement

Hahaha. Didn't he win the league at a canter year 1 of his return.2nd season players downed tools

Funny how the Madrid players also downed tools for Mourinho, must be a big coincidence.

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    If he does get done its probably because we had a high profile incident only the other week.

Definitely for this reason
    Intent is equally as bad as Mings stamp IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I quoted you twice because you posted the same thing twice, minutes apart, presumably because you didn't get a reaction the first time.

"the Simon Cowell of match threads". You know what, I'll take that. Might make it my signature actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

He didn't apologise afterwards so it must be intentional :p

Funny how the Madrid players also downed tools for Mourinho, must be a big coincidence.

But after PSG won 4-0 in Paris you citied Enrique lost the dressing room. Funny how he pulled that one back...Didn't you say he was a top quality coach who needed time 9 months ago only for you wanting him rid last week.

It's like wheel of fortune keeping track of the merry go round that is your allegiances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

But after PSG won 4-0 in Paris you citied Enrique lost the dressing room. Funny how he pulled that one back...Didn't you say he was a top quality coach who needed time 9 months ago only for you wanting him rid last week.

It's like wheel of fortune keeping track of the merry go round that is your allegiances

He's some​ man

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Well statistically his 2nd stint was nowhere near the success of his 1st so....tough to lie about that.

And my comments about him pre season are easily proved too and backed up by Man Utd's poor league position and poor head to head record against other top sides in the league.

You are a joke, I have already posted what you said about Jose when he was Chelsea manager 2nd time and now you are changing your tune and trying to rewrite history.

martyos121 wrote: »
    I quoted you twice because you posted the same thing twice, minutes apart, presumably because you didn't get a reaction the first time.

"the Simon Cowell of match threads". You know what, I'll take that. Might make it my signature actually.
    Nah just a double post by accident. It happens

Oh Sreq, I wasn't on the pitch tonight so an odd choice to deflect your anger onto me. I'm merely the bearer of bad news, you can see that what I'm saying is true on the tv screen in front of you each week. From champions to battling relegation, that's losing a dressing room. Ask Ramos, Ronaldo, Ozil or any of Madrid's top players of the time their opinions of Mourinho and you'll quickly see how poisonous that relationship was. The pattern was that he won some trophies, then left in emotional fashion leaving carnage behind him. Thing is, these days I'm not sure he has that many trophies left in him anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Classy Chelsea fans, as always lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Consolation for Utd fans is they knew they would lose so the defeat won't hurt.

• Consolation for Utd fans is they knew they would lose so the defeat won't hurt.

Hurts me but I'm just one fan
    "Hey man utd boards? Does it hurt?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Praised his ability to win trophies but that wasn't nearly as evident in his 2nd stint as his 1st, and if he isn't winning trophies then there's not much else to him because his teams are dire to watch. Case in point tonight. I said it before the season began and I'll say ir again, his football is old hat when you see it agaist the Conte's, Guardiola's and Klopp's of this world.
    This Chelsea side are the most boring title winning team to watch seen I've started watching football. They play a 5-2-3 (that's 5 bloody defenders) playing counter attack week-in week-out against the likes of Hull & Swansea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

This Chelsea side are the most boring title winning team to watch seen I've started watching football. They play a 5-2-3 (that's 5 bloody defenders) playing counter attack week-in week-out against the likes of Hull & Swansea.
    They've scored the second most goals of anyone in the league, I don't like Chelsea at all but they're fantastic to watch.

2nd highest scorers in the league, dominate possession most weeks, playing expansive and progressive football with ball playing footballers like Luiz, Azpilicueta, Alonso, Moses, Hazard, Pedro and Costa. Very strange point to make, particularly considering that only last season Leicester were pretty much exactly what you described (sans the formation part).

• Advertisement

They've scored the second most goals of anyone in the league, I don't like Chelsea at all but they're fantastic to watch.
    I started skipping their game on match of the day when it shows up because it was boring me too much. Each to their own I suppose.

I started skipping their game on match of the day when it shows up because it was boring me too much. Each to their own I suppose.

As a matter of interest, what teams do you find enjoyable to watch?

2nd highest scorers in the league, dominate possession most weeks, playing expansive and progressive football with ball playing footballers like Luiz, Azpilicueta, Alonso, Moses, Hazard, Pedro and Costa. Very strange point to make, particularly considering that only last season Leicester were pretty much exactly what you described (sans the formation part).
    I never said it wasn't effective. It's very effective and that's why you fully deserve to be top of the league, I just find the brand of football ugly. I found Leicesters the same but they were limited and I wished them success.

One more contradictory post. Jose's team was always in top 2 or 3 when it comes to goals scored all his career (except this season) and you call his football defensive and boring.

Moses. Ah will you just quit the night. Night boys it's been emotional

• Advertisement

I never said it wasn't effective. It's very effective and that's why you fully deserve to be top of the league, I just find the brand of football ugly. I found Leicesters the same but they were limited and I wished them success.

City aren't top of the league.:D

Don't open up that can of worms, you have no idea how many crests he wears on his sleeves.

One more contradictory post. Jose's team was always in top 2 or 3 when it comes to goals scored all his career (except this season) and you call his football defensive and boring.

Well he has, twice, had the most expensive squad of footballers ever assembled in the history of football as his disposal so they will score goals. Whether his sides can still compete with the best clubs, I'm not convinced by this season at all.

As a matter of interest, what teams do you find enjoyable to watch?
    Any team that isn't playing ultra defensive. Now I can forgive a Stoke coming to Old Trafford for getting a draw, that's fine. But Chelsea are a top team have some world class players at their disposal.

Again, it gets results and it wins the league. I wish it were us doing it if it mean't us winning the PL, but I find it hard to watch tbh.

Don't open up that can of worms, you have no idea how many crests he wears on his sleeves.

I feel like I may have upset you at some stage because, judging by this thread, you really don't like me. Come on man, don't play me like that, let Andersonisgod heal all wounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

and last season

Well he has, twice, had the most expensive squad of footballers ever assembled in the history of football as his disposal so they will score goals. Whether his sides can still compete with the best clubs, I'm not convinced by this season at all.

So one factually incorrect statement. ManUtd squad isn't the most expensive squad, do your math.

Now don't post the links of Sky and Guardian sites, it's not their story. They published some other **** site story.

and last season

That wasn't a full season. Thank god you didn't say he didnt in 2007-08 season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

They play 5-2-3 if you are playing Fifa. It's 3-5-3/3-5-2 when they are attacking and 5 when defending. If that's your opinion, fair enough, but I respectfully believe that you haven't watched much of them or are lying.

One of the most dynamic teams I've seen in the PL, who are comfortable in possession, defence and the counter attack. There isn't many facets of their play you could say is sub par, bar maybe aerial threat from set pieces and crossing.

Pedro, Hazard and Costa are a joy to watch with some of the most technical interplay in the whole league, then you have the likes of Fabregas orchestrating games and Moses and Alonso bombing forward.

So one factually incorrect statement. ManUtd squad isn't the most expensive squad, do your math.

Now don't post the links of Sky and Guardian sites, it's not their story. They published some other **** site story.

Pretty sure it is though so....

and you're saying don't publish links from The Guardian? (a far more reliable source than many other newspaper sites on the web) It's all gotten a bit strange.

• Advertisement

Pretty sure it is though so....

and you're saying don't publish links from The Guardian? (a far more reliable source than many other newspaper sites on the web) It's all gotten a bit strange.

It's not guardian paper's story, they just republished the original one did by some research thing.

Like I said, do your math. It's not hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

LOl, just lol :D

It's not guardian paper's story, they just republished the original one did by some research thing.

So what squad is the most expensive in football history?

So what squad is the most expensive in football history?

For a start City squad cost more than ManUtd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

But what about the rules of the game? Can it apply to a team and not a single player? A player getting sent off for consistent fouling for his 2nd foul seems not entirely in keeping with the rules of the game.

If he hadn't been booked for his shoulder block and got a yellow for the second tackle no one would bat an eyelid. It's not the refs job to keep 22 players on the pitch, it's his job to make sure the laws are adhered to. Herrera made no attempt to play the ball, it was a professional foul, yellow all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

It's easier for him to repeat the same uneducated rubbish over and over mixed in with his explaining that we have too simple a brain to understand the magnificent Pep's tactics.

Any verifiable links to back that up because all indications from any kind of sources I can find suggest the exact opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

The current United squad cost about 100m pounds more than city's I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

What's the story with the pluralisation of individuals? Is there more than one Conte? Im aware of only one Guardiola.

• Advertisement

domrush wrote: »
    The current United squad cost about 100m pounds more than city's I believe

I can find roughly 4-5 widely recognized sites that would back that up. Odd one to pick up on and argue about when literally all evidence points to otherwise.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement