Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin placement

Options
  • 13-03-2017 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey all,

Our neighbour is constantly on to us about where our bins are on our property.

At the moment, they're at the side of the house, and the neighbour's house is separated by a wall and high bush. Most of the time when we empty the bins (during the day, every ~3 days, never at night or in the morning), they come out and tell us to move them to the back. The noise is annoying them.

Now, we don't want to, and she finally got mad today and said she's gonna contact the council. Does she have any standing in her argument for this?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Tell her call the council. They sound nuts!

Are they at home all day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

AFAIK it is against the rules to have your bins sitting on the street all the time. But no issue if they are on your property.

I imagine she is one of those people losing sleep over you lowering tone of the area...

I personally I would ignore her.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,914 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

OP are your bins in the side return or something? She sounds a bit nuts, maybe she thinks all bins should be round the back or something. I can't see the council taking any notice of her. Like unless you're firing the bins around the place and playing AC/DC's Ace of Spades on them, I don't think she has cause for complaint. Bins make a noise when you open and close them. It's only every few days, she needs to get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I would ignore her. Our bins are in the side passage too and so are all of our neighbours, it's not that noisy! Just because she likes to keep hers in the back doesn't mean everyone else has to do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Donutz

Once the bins are on private property I don't think there is much anybody can do.

If it were me, the more she complained, the more I would be slamming the lids of the bins.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Toots wrote: »
    OP are your bins in the side return or something? She sounds a bit nuts, maybe she thinks all bins should be round the back or something. I can't see the council taking any notice of her. Like unless you're firing the bins around the place and playing AC/DC's Ace of Spades on them, I don't think she has cause for complaint. Bins make a noise when you open and close them. It's only every few days, she needs to get over it.

AC/DC. Ace of Spades?

That was Motörhead!

I'm reporting you to the council. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

Ignore ignore ignore
    She wants to get into a verbal argument with you because she wants to tell the LA/Gardai that you verbally abused her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Just ignore the bint. "Lovely day eh neighbour!".

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cleverlegs

Excellent, I thought as much but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks all for the responses!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,914 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

endacl wrote: »
    AC/DC. Ace of Spades?

That was Motörhead!

I'm reporting you to the council. :mad:

:D Twas supposed to be AC/DC or Ace of Spades - I'm blaming the phone. Lemmy is probably cursing me from beyond the grave :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Our neighbours are out what seems like every 15 minutes putting stuff in their outdoor bin. It's more weird than annoying.

Just agree and say it's terrible. It annoys you too and it's awful how bin companies cannot make quiet lids. Then smile smile lots and back inside to the safety of your home....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Drop her a note with the url of this thread saying she can get some helpful advice if she writes about it here.

Advertisement