Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish been dumped on country roads - SO WRONG.....

Options
  • 13-03-2017 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Has anyone noticed more and more rubbish been dumped at the side of our country roads.I frequently walk - cycle Tramore - Dunmore areas and the country roads between both towns are been destroyed with people dumping there household rubbish..Its a disgrace to ruin such beautiful areas...Feels to me like its worse right now than its ever been?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Road between waterford and kilmeaden is bad with bags just thrown out the windows and the bypass between the hospital and cork road is getting just as bad. People dont want to pay for their bins.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

The roads from Kilmacthomas to the Comeraghs are getting littered all the time now because of the Comeragh Clean Up on Easter Monday, it's disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I don't think its any worse but its certainly no better. We got our area cleared up a bit but still we get people throwing their rubbish over the cliff onto the beach. What is really annoying is that people will even dump electrical goods which the tip (sorry recycling centre) will take for free.

There is even a farm nearby that cleared an area of land and dumped all the waste (builders rubble and tree stumps) on the beach side of their land and covered it with a bit of rough subsoil. Result was on the first storm the whole lot was spread along the beach.

God help me if I ever catch anyone in the act :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

There needs to be a serious punishment for anyone found to be doing it. Whatever deterrent is there now is not enough.

Just send in a report today rubbish dumped in the woods up at Ballyscanlon. The estate I live on in the city someone actually left their small bag of rubbish at the side of the street and I've seen a local jogger drop his rubbish into someone else's bin as he ran past. It is going to get a lot worse once pay by weight comes in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 liketochat

Hi - who did you send the report to? I would like to do same.

liketochat wrote: »

In the past I have just rung the main council offices number and asked to be put through to the office that deals with litter and dumping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Live in the county on a main road and I've had more than one occasion where I've left out my bin and find that someone has stopped and dropped their rubbish into it!

Recently this happened with a recycling bin and some f**^er put a box into my bin. It was a beer box so looked like recyling but contained all ash and nappies!

No way of stopping them unless there is a camera!

See some companies in Dublin now resorting to cameras recording the bin being emptied and chasing the culprits for contaminating the collection but if that was applied in my case I'd be done for someone else's contaminated rubbish

• Advertisement

scout353 wrote: »
    Live in the county on a main road and I've had more than one occasion where I've left out my bin and find that someone has stopped and dropped their rubbish into it!

Recently this happened with a recycling bin and some f**^er put a box into my bin. It was a beer box so looked like recyling but contained all ash and nappies!

No way of stopping them unless there is a camera!

See some companies in Dublin now resorting to cameras recording the bin being emptied and chasing the culprits for contaminating the collection but if that was applied in my case I'd be done for someone else's contaminated rubbish

There was an hilarious incident like this locally. A neighbor went on holiday and left his bins empty, bins are stored very near to the road, when he returned they were full. He asked a couple of relatives who lived nearby if they had used the bins and they of course said no. So he got the litter warden out who went through the bins and found loads of stuff with a relatives address (one who had sworn blind it wasn't their's) so the relative got a fine for littering (or something similar).

I report through twitter @WaterfordCounci with pictures. You can't attach images like maps and pics of the rubbish when posting to their fb page and I dont trust reporting through their own website.

Scout353 if you have hedges etc near by where you put the bin out you could invest in a trail cam. They do night vision as well and triggered by movement They can do both video and stills and they date stamp. :) Have had issues with dog coming into the garden, stealing the birds food and breaking the feeder. Because I have the images I was able to report them a number of times for letting their dog roam :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Roca

Dumping going on in the forestry in Portlaw for years.. .Cars. white goods..etc. they come from all over to do it

A load of food rubbish on my dog walk along the beach nr Clonea today. Two old 20kg coal bags full of uncooked takeaway food, Onion rings, Chips, Burgers, Pizza and even some smoked salmon :eek:

It must have been really poor quality stuff as I had no trouble stopping the dogs eating it, they were more concerned with not letting the crows have it :D

Large scale food dumping is nothing new, a few years back a guy dumped about 10 fish boxes full of seafood (and bait) on the beach. Boy did that stink when the sun got to it :mad:

my3cents wrote: »
    A load of food rubbish on my dog walk along the beach nr Clonea today. Two old 20kg coal bags full of uncooked takeaway food, Onion rings, Chips, Burgers, Pizza and even some smoked salmon :eek:

It must have been really poor quality stuff as I had no trouble stopping the dogs eating it, they were more concerned with not letting the crows have it :D

Large scale food dumping is nothing new, a few years back a guy dumped about 10 fish boxes full of seafood (and bait) on the beach. Boy did that stink when the sun got to it :mad:

Last year or so load of dogfish dumped at the pier in Tramore, I remember a number of years back medical waste being washed up on the beach at Saleen.

They need to start putting up cctv cameras and covert cameras at these black spots. They claim they dont have the money yet if they put these systems up they would probably make a small fortune with the fines

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

drove the r680 this morning and on the old Kilmeaden road in by some of the mt congreve gates - the amount dumped is off the scale - its always been bad along this route but since Xmas, seems to have accelerated - never seen it as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Very Sad the fact that when the rubbish gets scattered by wildlife into the road they are then picking at it in the center of the road and end up roadkill themselves

Advertisement