Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indian Pacific Wheel Race (Australia) 2017

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Ride In Peace Mike Hall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

A sad loss. There's a guy who really contributed to the overall sum of human happiness - not only did many of us enjoy following himself and Kristoff Allegaert battle it out across Australia for the last couple of weeks, he was also the chief organiser of the deeply entertaining TransContinentalRace (TCR) across Europe, which got a lot of people into long-distance cycle racing/touring and had a big social media audience of its own. A dreadful thing, to see a guy who lived so intensely, suddenly cut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

"So many times I meet people and they tell me about how they “Wish they could (insert whatever here)”, and simply using the word “Wish” is the most painful part because wishing ain’t shoite, trying is. [...]

That is why – for me – it is terrible that Mike died, because we are now losing that drive, that push, the inspiration that you can always try, while so many other people live empty lives void of anything other than vicariousness and never to be fulfilled dreams that they truly believe are out of reach. [...]

Let me tell you something, they aren’t. Your dreams are just an attempt away. [...] Don’t waste your turn, for that is the worst thing you can do. Mike died trying, and to me there is nothing more noble."

from http://drunkcyclist.com/2017/03/31/everybodygetsaturn/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

There's a Mike Hall tribute Documentary covering his Trans Am success I think on Bike Channel tomorrow evening at 10.30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭py

Some footage from the Ride for Mike in Melbourne from about 10:40. Some insights in to the battle between Mike and Kristoff after 20:00. Brief interview with Mike Hall at the very end 24:05 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

I did a Q&A with Donncha Cuttriss on his IndiPac experience and as he faces into the Trans AM.
    I hope you guys enjoy it.

Men Who Stare at Dots: Donncha Cuttriss on the IndiPac 2017

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

well worth a watch,

Advertisement