Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smart bulbs which work with Philips Hue Hub/Samsung Smartthings

• 13-03-2017 8:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Couldn't see this anywhere else so I thought why not make a thread!

Post all your bulbs here that are compatible with the Hue Hub and Smartthings! Especially if they are a cheaper but just as good alternative!

Could be useful for people wanting to get into home automation but can't afford the price! :)

Have fun!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Has anybody spotted a Yeelight with a B22 connection?

I want one for the bathroom. I can't use a connector with as there's a globe type cover on the bulb.

Great idea for a thread by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

Has anybody spotted a Yeelight with a B22 connection?

I want one for the bathroom. I can't use a connector with as there's a globe type cover on the bulb.

Great idea for a thread by the way.

Heres the only one one I could find, only one left in stock though!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yeelight-Bluetooth-Controlled-Multi-Coloured-Bayonet/dp/B00O0V1GQM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489434179&sr=8-1&keywords=yeelight+b22

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Wow. That's expensive. Here's the E27 version. (URL too long to post without hiding it behind a hyperlink).

The safest bet might be to just buy a white one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Personal-Wireless-Lighting-Bayonet/dp/B0152WXDDQ/ . I'm sure I don't need a coloured bulb for my toilet. Ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Got 2 Innr GU10 last week : setup in 2 mins with my Hue setup.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LT9UK7I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Vico1612 wrote: »
    Got 2 Innr GU10 last week : setup in 2 mins with my Hue setup.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LT9UK7I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Those look interesting alright! How have they been?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Those look interesting alright! How have they been?

All good so far. They're responsive to dim commands and brightness is good. The only trick for setup is to fit the bulbs, then launch the search in the Hue app , then power on the bulbs .

Vico1612 wrote: »
    All good so far. They're responsive to dim commands and brightness is good. The only trick for setup is to fit the bulbs, then launch the search in the Hue app , then power on the bulbs .

Was thinking of trying the B22 varients rather then the color Hue for a change, much cheaper. Reviews seem positive

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Just a reminder that no guarantee that third party bulbs will continue to work with the Philips Hue bridge in future. Nothing stopping Philips from locking them out as they did in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Here this shop delivers free around the world and is cheap
    Bought all of my lights and bulbs overthere
    Cheaper than amazon

Snip affiliate link used

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭tigger1962

I've used Philips bulbs and now ozram and innr bulbs with the Philips Hub. All working fine. the one thing i like about the Innr ones is that they can easily be used with a normal switch as well as the hub. handy when someone forgets to turn off her light in the wardrobe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

tigger1962 wrote: »
    I've used Philips bulbs and now ozram and innr bulbs with the Philips Hub. All working fine. the one thing i like about the Innr ones is that they can easily be used with a normal switch as well as the hub. handy when someone forgets to turn off her light in the wardrobe!

Can you explain how the inner ones work with a normal switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭tigger1962

apologies... only come on weekly. depends on the state of the bulb. its a matter of switching the manual switch twice. its part of a "safety feature" the manual states?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

tigger1962 wrote: »
    apologies... only come on weekly. depends on the state of the bulb. its a matter of switching the manual switch twice. its part of a "safety feature" the manual states?

So, if the bulb is on, and you toggle the manual switch the bulb stays off, and if the bulb is off and you toggle the manual switch it comes on?

(by toggle I mean turn the manual switch off and back on again in quick succession)

So, if the bulb is on, and you toggle the manual switch the bulb stays off, and if the bulb is off and you toggle the manual switch it comes on?

(by toggle I mean turn the manual switch off and back on again in quick succession)

Yep, it works like a normal lightbulb. Just got my innr one the other day. love it.

Advertisement