Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New builds in kilkenny

Options
  • 13-03-2017 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hey, does anyone know if there are any new builds coming up in Kilkenny? The only one I see is in paulstown

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭FrankCummins

maggz wrote: »
    Hey, does anyone know if there are any new builds coming up in Kilkenny? The only one I see is in paulstown
    There is planning permission gone in for a housing development in Freshford I think its fourteen houses in off kilkenny street behind that big two story house near the old petrol station which they are actually rebuilding.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭maggz

There is planning permission gone in for a housing development in Freshford I think its fourteen houses in off kilkenny street behind that big two story house near the old petrol station which they are actually rebuilding.

Oh nice one, I'll keep an eye out for that

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

New housing estate planned for Nuncio Road in Larchfield near Aldi in Kilkenny city.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

There is a few houses just being finished off opposite Newpark shopping centre at the roundabout where the old shop used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

hi5 wrote: »
    There is a few houses just being finished off opposite Newpark shopping centre at the roundabout where the old shop used to be.

They're council houses I'd think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

road_high wrote: »

More free houses for people too lazy to work. A race to the bottom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

More free houses for people too lazy to work. A race to the bottom.
    Ok, you shat on another Kilkenny thread and now you're doing it here. Seriously, bog off.

catbear wrote: »
    Ok, you shat on another Kilkenny thread and now you're doing it here. Seriously, bog off.

Lol. Ah let he/she/it have their teenage tantrum! It's been stalking my posts all day, clearly a little touched, obsessive and creepy. Chip on shoulder type. Ignore

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Last Stop

road_high wrote: »

Apparently they are not. Thought the same myself

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

I enquired about those houses and was also told they are social housing. They were never advertised as being for sale anyway.

The HTB scheme is pointless for anyone trying to buy in Kilkenny. I relocated here a few years ago and other than the very expensive houses that were built near New Road roundabout, there are no new builds in the town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Pardon my language but we can wipe our @rses with the HTB. No good for around here. It'd make more sense if first time buyers were stamp duty and vat exempt on their purchase related fees and charges (solicitor, etc.).
    Nope! More paperwork is the way to go and incentives which only few can avail. :-((

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Housing development planned adjacent James stephens barracks in the near future

jimmy180sx wrote: »
    Where the old pitch and put course was?

Old shed on the golf links road opposite the school

Yeah, that's roughly where the old pitch and put course was.

Yes that's what he said it used to be a pitch putt course years ago, where Paddy Bergin haulage used to be that is in the pipeline along time.

Sorry before my time so never knew of pitch & put..15 apartments and nursing home too

Yes that's what he said it used to be a pitch putt course years ago,
    No he didn't. He said:

That's why I asked if it was where the pitch and course was.

Sorry before my time so never knew of pitch & put..15 apartments and nursing home too
    Your grand no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

3 new builds going up on greenshill. Expect them to hit the market in excess of €400k. What a time to be a first time buyer.

• Advertisement

fg1406 wrote: »
    3 new builds going up on greenshill. Expect them to hit the market in excess of €400k. What a time to be a first time buyer.

Chronic lack of starter homes in Kilkenny- anything at all new seems to be at the higher end of the market. Greenshill is lovely though!

Advertisement