Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please help us save Leyton Orient

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Be well and win

Watching Bury's news last night and can't help but think it could have been us. How on earth could someone who had over 40 of his companies go into liquidation could ever be allowed to have anything to do with a football club in the first place?. Crass bad management has killed 125 years of history.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Be well and win

Hard to imagine it is 6 years since I wrote the original post on this thread and now, last night, we are promoted to League 1. Promoted in a typically weird Orient fashion, in the dark at Gillingham due to a floodlight failure when the news filters in that Bradford had lost. Given what has happened Yeovil and Scunthorpe this week, it really shows the benefit of having sensible owners who want to do the right thing and are prepared to fund it, but not in a crazy manner, in a sensible way. Their communication to fans has been outstanding, regularly appearing on Podcasts, the main investor from the US even sends an itinery around of where he will be on match day in case anyone wants to talk to him and I've been on calls with the Chairman as part of a reach out to overseas fans and how the club can do better by them. It's a case study in how to run a club right.

Oh and Richie Wellens is a genius.

Great to see an Irish presence as well with Aaron Drinan and Kieran Sadlier (both ex Cork City) flying the flag as well as Limerick's Shadrack Ogie. Google Sadliers goal against Sutton last weekend, stunner.

I don't know what next season will bring but we're going to enjoy this and I'm really looking forward to heading over for the last home game of the season

COYO's

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cruan1

Was over in London in Feb '22 with the missus and decided to take in an Os game. Poor enough fare that day, but thoroughly enjoyable and welcoming atmosphere, so adopted them. Found the form this season hilarious to watch compared to what I saw (!) but delighted to see it, and to look at celebrations last night. Will try get over for some L1 next season now 💪

COYOs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭jacool

Aaron Drinan is another success story that started in Carrigaline United. This news was all over the club last night.

Enjoy the celebrations and get ready for the new challenges ahead. Next season you'll be playing the likes of Wigan and Blackpool!

Congrats.

A mate of mine is from Leyton and we went to a couple of games this year, lovely little stadium and a really nice atmosphere. I will definitely get back over next season for a game or two also.

Advertisement