Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG Freesat TV's - Switching Antenna to Sat

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,691 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

We got the exact same model in January. It is a superb TV.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭deezell

We got the exact same model in January. It is a superb TV.

My only grudge is they dropped price €50 everywhere days after I bought it. Fantastic set for €949 currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,691 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Don't care about the €50, sure you'd drive yourself mad with anything in relation to technology, it's always going to get better or cheaper soon so by that logic you'd never buy anything :)

Didn't know it came with full Freesat in the recent update - I have it set to Ireland. Probably won't bother changing region as we have a Humax DVR to connect to it - just need to get a cabinet to put it in. So at the moment we have two Humax Foxsats connected to the other TV (also a Bravia) :)

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 wikily

I read the start and skipped to the end, so not too sure if I missed

On LG TV....

I setup 'QuickAccess1' to RTE1, 2 to RTE2....... then manually switched to BBC1, and set this up as QuickAccess9.

It works on my own 55", and need to setup a smaller one for my Dad, but what it means is press 1 for 3 seconds, and RTE1 comes up on Terrestrial, and pressing 9 for 3 secs automatically goes to Freesat BBC1.... from there he remembers all the Freesat numbers.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 35 EugenesDIYDen

I spent ages trying to figure out if there's a way of doing this and LG UK even wanted me to send them a video on Whatsapp explaining the problem (Which they should have understood). I counted 17 keypresses on the remote for changing between satellite and antenna using the guide and going into "Filter" to change the settings. Anyway the solution turns out to be simple. Just put a satellite channel on one quick access key and an antenna channel on another key. Holding down the "0" key brings up the quick access menu where you can allocate a channel or app to a key.

• Advertisement
Advertisement