Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Light Warriors

Options
  • 13-03-2017 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Do people still get fined and prosecuted for running red lights? Seems to be a free for all out there on my commute. Its Almost hedonistic bliss as inconsiderate assh@ts roam through red lights at pedestrian crossings and major junctions with the care free nature of a toddler running around the park chasing daffodils. Not minding where there going, whos in the way or what may happen.

I know its been discussed to death on here but couldnt find any recent threads on people been prodecuted. Was it just a fad?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭hungry hypno toad

detones wrote: »
    Do people still get fined and prosecuted for running red lights? Seems to be a free for all out there on my commute. Its Almost hedonistic bliss as inconsiderate assh@ts roam through red lights at pedestrian crossings and major junctions with the care free nature of a toddler running around the park chasing daffodils. Not minding where there going, whos in the way or what may happen.

I know its been discussed to death on here but couldnt find any recent threads on people been prodecuted. Was it just a fad?

Drivers also do it, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

I saw 2 guards on bikes do it no long ago. Both at different sets of lights on the same day. I was waiting for him to make a siren noise with mouth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Red light warrior sounds to me like someone who stops at red lights and prevents and abuses anyone who attempts to break them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Drivers also do it, apparently.

Same here in Manchester. I stopped at a red on Oxford Road (Think a busy junction along the Quays in Dub) and a Merc behind me blasted the horn for stopping at an amber. He wanted to run through the junction only I was in front of him

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

Try not to let it get to you just and concentrate on your own behaviour, life's to short to get hung up on things you can't control. It used to piss me off then I flicked the off switch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭C3PO

Do people still get fined and prosecuted for running red lights?

Yes ... apparently!
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/nearly-600-cyclists-fined-under-new-penalty-regime-1.2631593

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

*gets popcorn*

It's another one of these threads. Now taking bets on how long it lasts before the mods step in. </offtopic>

Remember, you tend to only notice the ones breaking the rules. There are a huge number of cyclists who do abide by the rules, and people tend to ignore them for it.

People have been fined for it, but as always it is up to AGS to enforce it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

topcat77 wrote: »
    Try not to let it get to you just and concentrate on your own behaviour, life's to short to get hung up on things you can't control. It used to piss me off then I flicked the off switch.

But one of those red light runners may just destroy your own or a loved ones life by their carelessness /selfishness....It's not supposed to be a free for all on the roads, but that's what it has become.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

topcat77 wrote: »

Agree with this and was ok with it until last week when a pr@t on an e bike went into the back of me or Dorset St for having the cheek to stop at lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭Somedude9

It pisses off motorists, thereby breeding more resentment towards us. Just quit it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Red light warrior sounds to me like someone who stops at red lights and prevents and abuses anyone who attempts to break them.

Isn't that a red light worrier? A red light warrior would inflict righteous violence rather than abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Prosecuted?? Sure red lights are only for cars and hookers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

MOD VOICE: I ain't even giving a reason

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement