Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shimano (B01S) Disc Brake Pads

Options
  • 13-03-2017 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

I've had three sets of Shimano (B01S) Resin Disc Brake Pads replaced in the past four months but they are not working satisfactorily. Each set started squeaking within weeks and they are not as effective as the front breaks.

I cleaned the disk before fitting the pads.

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/shimano-disc-brake-pads-b01s-resin-198042

Is there a better alternative to the resin break pad?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

HI..Just wondering if you came up with a satisfactory alternative? I know that Shimano recommend using resin pads with the BR355 but it would be nice to discover if anybody has had better wear from other pads...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

exaisle wrote: »
    HI..Just wondering if you came up with a satisfactory alternative? I know that Shimano recommend using resin pads with the BR355 but it would be nice to discover if anybody has had better wear from other pads...

I use sintered metal pads on my cx bike and find them excellent, brakes are RS685 from memory. I tried resin and found they weren't great (i'm ~88kg FWIW). Pads aside, I found the brakes needed a bit of tweaking to suit my preferences and weren't good starting out. There's a grub screw that controls how much the levers move before the brakes bite which was fully in on the bike as delivered. I ended up doing a bleed with the grub screw 75% out and then brought it back in to about 50% which gave me the feel I was looking for.

Advertisement