Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Cards Limit - your age etc.. and what limit you have ?

• 14-03-2017 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

The most common credit limit ? Is people's mostly same
    What do you have ? Age? Job

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭daheff

you first

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Also, your mothers maiden name and your first pet's name. You know, for lols.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

When I was 19 I was given a 2k limit by my bank and asked was I sure I didn't want more. I was a 1st year electrical apprentice at the time earning less than the social welfare dole. That was in 2004 though. A year later they wrote to me asking would I like the limited raised to 5k as I never missed a repayment. I suspect this was because they could never charge me interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭hungry hypno toad

EUR 75,000 and I work with computers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭hungry hypno toad

Also, your mothers maiden name and your first pet's name. You know, for lols.

McGrath and Arthur. BOI CC.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

When I was 19 I was given a 2k limit by my bank and asked was I sure I didn't want more. I was a 1st year electrical apprentice at the time earning less than the social welfare dole. That was in 2004 though.

That was a very different time. When looking for a credit limit increase, PTSB said they usually offer a limit of up to twice your monthly income. At lower incomes I imagine they would offer less seeing as your living expenses would take up a larger percentage of your income.

That was a very different time. When looking for a credit limit increase, PTSB said they usually offer a limit of up to twice your monthly income. At lower incomes I imagine they would offer less seeing as your living expenses would take up a larger percentage of your income.

It was PTSB and all:).

It was PTSB and all:).

Feck off. I got a credit card from them at the time as well. I was working decent hours and getting more than the dole every week and the scabby bàstards only gave me an 800 limit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

2007. Age 21. Income of circa 25k. Credit card limit of 2k. Never used it once. Then got rid of it before i went travelling. In 2008

Feck off. I got a credit card from them at the time as well. I was working decent hours and getting more than the dole every week and the scabby bàstards only gave me an 800 limit.

I think it was because of my savings I had at the time. I worked part time from 15 and lived off my tips, never touched my wages ever. Never went out drinking or holidays, just stayed in all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Books4you

I got mine when I was 19. Credit limit i think was 2000 or 2500. Factory work so not a lot money wise.

Now my limit is €15,000 and I work in a shop. Sales assistant. Low wages. You can up limit online with AIB every 6 months and I do. I owe nothing though. Balance is 0. Anytime I used it I pay back in full that month. I'm early 30's.

Crazy really that I have that limit when you think about it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Interesting - some people seem to be having fairly large limits.

I can't comment on mine, as I never had a credit card.

Advertisement