Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Suggestion : The "Abominations / Kill it with FIRE" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

• Registered Users Posts: 40,415 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

hi5 wrote: »

a gallon of petrol and a lighter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Whatever about messers cockin about in their sheds to ruin perfectly functional vehicles,

This was done in a deliberate act at the Factory

MDAzMjczY2QwN2UxMTg1NjA0MzZhMzkxNTMyY2QxZGWH9T7TRyxSKLgplsIOq-nraHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183MzIyMTM4M3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    This was done in a deliberate act at the Factory

Must have been a good market for them so. Those micra based ones are not the worst looking things really, not that I have any interets in having one myslef. I assume they are made by an independant company, not nissan

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Testacalda wrote: »
    I assume they are made by an independant company, not nissan
    The Stramen of the Micra world, I'm guessing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Occasionally whilst browsing online I chance upon a creation so stupendously horrific to be rendered dumbfounded and speechless.

I thought maybe we could start a thread dedicated to these marvels of low budget engineering.

I'll kick off with this gem

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/price-drop-also-celica-for-sale-1500-ono/14095013

ODcyYzMyYmE4ZjQyMWI4M2JlOGE0NzRjMTVlMGU0ZDGQOPnEgy2QT-1swIMg2CQ7aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182NTcyMjM0NHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Let me guess....you dont have a classic car...you probably drive a modern BMW or Merc....you are the future of classic cars....god help us all...:rolleyes:

Ohh get her, have I hit a nerve, is that your ****box?

Yep I drive a modern ish merc, and the only classic vehicle i have at the moment is a 1981 Massey Ferguson Tractor, unless you count a 94 corolla or heavens forbid my 89 e30, but shur thats nearly a modern BMW too :p

I was unaware of the requirement to verify my credentials before posting in this forum.

What do You drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

What do You drive?

You mad clearly..........:p

I wouldnt slag off other peoples builds just for trolling kicks and i'm suprised that some of the regular posters got involved..some i actually know...sad....too many sheep in this country....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

You mad clearly..........:p

I wouldnt slag off other peoples builds just for trolling kicks and i'm suprised that some of the regular posters got involved..some i actually know...sad....too many sheep in this country....;)

Baaa, how many sheep can you fit in her lad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

One of my "favourites" :(.

Some eedjit went into trouble of removing chopping off the roof and replacing it with a piece of soft material:

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/vw-beetle/15294234

Why would you bother with strengthening the chassis? Sure, it will be grand...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Seweryn wrote: »

Some eedjit went into trouble of removing the roof and replacing in with a piece of soft material:

How could that thing get through an NCT?

red sean wrote: »
    How could that thing get through an NCT?
    It is pre-1980 registered, so no NCT required (unfortunately in this case).

It is pre-1980 registered, so no NCT required (unfortunately in this case).
    But surely that thing is an example why a NCT on everything regardless of age is necessary?
    What's the story with insurance on such a modification?

Its still on UK plates, so it will at least have to make some kind of appearance at an NCT centre to be registered.

I'd like to hope some form of inspection took place, but then I remembered where we live

I don't think you'd get much complaints from true enthusiasts, anybody who cares about there car shouldn't mind maintaining it to a roadworthy standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I don't think you'd get much complaints from true enthusiasts, anybody who cares about there car shouldn't mind maintaining it to a roadworthy standard.

A true enthusiast wouldn't chop the roof in the first place. That heap of junk is the exact reason there should be an Nct for all cars regardless of age.

An Enthusiast would go mad after seeing something like this (as I did).
    If someone gave me that car I would simply do PIW to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Some eedjit went into trouble of removing chopping off the roof and replacing it with a piece of soft material:

If that's a Paris Beetle kit, it does come with chassis strengthening.

I can't see how it could work without it TBH.

If that's a Paris Beetle kit, it does come with chassis strengthening.

I can't see how it could work without it TBH.
    It doesn't look like a Paris beetle roof to me, but I may be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,903 ✭✭✭✭elperello

jca wrote: »
    A true enthusiast wouldn't chop the roof in the first place. That heap of junk is the exact reason there should be an Nct for all cars regardless of age.

It has current MOT and tax to December -

https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/ViewVehicle

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

hi5 wrote: »

what in the hell is that, body looks like some horrible mashup of a series/defender/jeep mixed with utter ****e haha, ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

It's a weird genre, possibly a result of motor tax laws there. The little tab doesn't say that, but I think there is, or there was a notable tax benefit from having a small engine. One car of theirs, or in that same genre of mini-retros, was common enough here as an import, and all had a 91D reg.

My view on mini mods is that provided they are safe, road legal (and no BMC Farinas are harmed in the process:pac:), I cannot see the harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

kyote00 wrote: »
    That's so ridiculous I kinda like it. At least it has charm. Wouldn't want one though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Kat1170

That's so ridiculous I kinda like it. At least it has charm. Wouldn't want one though :)

Like a lot of custom vehicles it belongs to a certain 'time and place'. Unfortunately that 'time and place' is not now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bushmanpm

That's so ridiculous I kinda like it. At least it has charm. Wouldn't want one though

Just those wretched, pi55 poor'59 Cadillac tailfins and tail lights would be enough for me to reach for the Jerry can and Zippo!
    "Eighties survivor" ????
    They should have switched off the life support machine years ago!

420195.jpg

I'll add this, although I personally like this car I can see how some wuold disagree

Not for me, reminds me of that god awful flip paint that was all the rage for a forthright in the early 2000's. But I can see where some people would like it which is more than I can say for the others in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Tallaght yesterday.

420257.jpg[img][/img]

Advertisement