Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist recommendations?

Options
  • 14-03-2017 2:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

I need to find a new dentist, Looking for some recommendations as to who is good or comes recommended these days.

Preferably not in the city centre, want somewhere where it's easy to park on site, so thinking Oranmore, Barna, Salthill, Renmore etc..

Not too pushed where they're located so long as they're good and there's good parking provided.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Moyglish wrote: »
    I need to find a new dentist, Looking for some recommendations as to who is good or comes recommended these days.

Preferably not in the city centre, want somewhere where it's easy to park on site, so thinking Oranmore, Barna, Salthill, Renmore etc..

Not too pushed where they're located so long as they're good and there's good parking provided.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Devon Dental in Salthill, onsite parking and excellent with nervous patients,has a practice in town as well, JMC Dental there.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Had a good experience recently with Roscam family dental practise.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pdiddy

Claregalway dental is fantastic as well with plenty of parking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Bredabe wrote: »
    Devon Dental in Salthill, onsite parking and excellent with nervous patients,has a practice in town as well, JMC Dental there.

Jason or Niall both very good (gentle, knowledgeable) at Devon Park Dental. Parking at front and rear of surgery. Not the cheapest in town but Niall is best dentist I've ever been to. (Husband sees Jason, the owner, and says he's good too.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Jason has handheld me through all my treatments, never had any problem, am terrified patient.

Niall did my root canal, the self imposed dread was the worst of it, his nurse happily answered questions I had after the treatment.

Not cheap but in this case definitely get what you pay for.

Staff on the desk are always up for a laugh!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Miss Informed

Peter Gannon on Cappagh road is the best dentist I've ever been to, and having moved a bunch of times, I've had plenty of dentists in my time! Excellent manner, always happy to answer questions and totally pain free. Both of my parents are total dental phobics and have come out of there smiling. I used to go to a dentist in town, and the last time I went there she told me I needed 5 fillings. Same with the rest of my family, everyone needed 4 to 7 fillings. That was six years ago and I've only needed two since. Unbelievable. It seems like standard practice for that particular dentist.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

+1 For Peter Gannon. Easy parking and open until 7pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I used to go to another in Salthill, but Peter wins hands down with his manner and advice. I could not recommend better.

Advertisement