Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rescue Helicopter Missing

Options
  • 14-03-2017 8:41am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Please God the lads on the rescue helicopter based here at the airport will be found safe and well this morning. It's missing off the west coast.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2017/0314/859533-coastguard-mayo-incident/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

My thoughts are with the crew & their families.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

One crew member located already but in a critical condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Is that the only one based here at Dublin?
    Would often see it flying around, heading to the South coast or around the Bay.
    News not looking good at all.
    A massive loss for our Country.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm not sure if it's the only one, but I think so. We see and hear it so often on the outward and inward journeys that it's very much part of life here in Swords and the north county.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

There are 5 in total with one always in maintenance or on stand-by and the rest spread between Dublin Waterford, Shannon and Sligo.

Very sombre around my area today. SAR runs deep here and the helis fly past almost daily.

Thoughts are with the families and IRCG members.

Advertisement