Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company Car - UK Registered?

Options
  • 14-03-2017 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Hypothetical question, mainly spurned on by the Brexit debate and also just out of pig iron, there are two scenarios I'd like some input on:

- A company registered in the UK but with Irish directors however the directors would be tax resident in Ireland.

- A company registered in the UK with Irish directors but they are wholly tax resident in the UK.

In either one of those scenarios, is the director permitted to drive a UK registered company car in the Republic?

I'm not advocating or seeking a means of tax evasion etc, its merely a thought exercise and its something I've always been curious about e.g. A firm decides to expand into the UK or has a new self-contained subsidiary in the UK, or if they decide to move operations to the UK, or family ties etc.

Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement