Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killegland Ashbourne

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 foxy2012

Just from looking at the FB page, are these isolated incidents of anti social behaviour, noise in common areas, rubbish etc, or it a common thing?

I've lived in apartments before where stuff like this happened time to time but in general it was ok?

Or is this different and the issues are constant?

The one I'm buying (maybe!) is on the top floor which might be a good thing but I wasn't impressed with the conditions of the hallway and stairs on my way in with the estate agent.

Cheers

HOME› REGIONAL› NORTH EAST› MEATH›KILLEGLAND ASHBOURNE

×If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on hello@boards.ie for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

×New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Unbookmark

Killegland Ashbourne

«12»

• Options

• Just from looking at the FB page, are these isolated incidents of anti social behaviour, noise in common areas, rubbish etc, or it a common thing?
    • I've lived in apartments before where stuff like this happened time to time but in general it was ok?
    • Or is this different and the issues are constant?
    • The one I'm buying (maybe!) is on the top floor which might be a good thing but I wasn't impressed with the conditions of the hallway and stairs on my way in with the estate agent.
    • Cheers
    •  

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sadgilmore

I've only seen your reply now so Im sorry if it's late in the game for buying.

Anti social behavior is daily common occuring issues in killegland hall (that is where I was renting) but from what read on fb it seems to be same in all the blocks.

We lived in apartments (in Dublin city) before so you would think noise would be normal. It is not. There is constant strangers around the blocks, teenagers causing trouble, smoking weed (with your window or balcony door open it's like their standing inside you apartment), grown men in basement of one of the hall carparks drinking cans in the evening (and one them is a resident which says it all the lack of any respect people have for their own homes) they are quite intimating late at night, teenagers drinking leaving their bottles and rubbish in stairwell, generally it's filthy place. Personally stopped going our for walk after 7 evening around 2021 because the teenage gangs i found intimating (I'm female 30s ).

We moved in early August and had to go back to give back keys and honestly we felt shocked at dirt of place-when you live there you make do and don't see it but when we went back we were so great full it wasn't our home anymore.

I honestly wouldn't recommend the town or those apartments to anyone and I've said to friends looking to purchase to avoid

Hi, thanks for the feedback. I actually pulled out of the purchase the day I saw all the negative comments on this page. I've since seen and heard a few more negative stories so I'm even happier with my decision now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

If you are looking for somewhere quiet to live then please do not move into this complex, depending on where you are the outside noise will drive you insane.

Yeah there was a lot of illegal dumping that was still happening even when cctv was installed. We were top floor and our balcony looked over a little car park for the retail units and then was over looking the archway, the noise from the arch was criminal.

Kids playing football, families walking to the park on a Sunday morning with screaming kids having no consideration for the fact you are walking through a residential area!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 liuba

Hi everyone. I am considering buying an apartment in Killegland but i was reading all these negative comments and am now concerned about the safety. Does anyone know if there is any good complex at all around that area or better avoid Killegland? Any opinions about Killegland walk? Thank you.

A lot of the apartments in the Walk are managed by Respond a housing agency to the best of my knowledge, that is not a bad thing the tenents know that anti social behaviour would not be tolerated.

I personally would avoid Killegland.

Millbourne is nice/ Cluin Ri is also nice

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sadgilmore

I can't comment specifically on Killegland walk, but stand by my general comments about the overall Killegland complex.

I lived in Dublin north inner city for four years prior to living in killegland, and the noise/anti social behaviour was much more disruptive to me personally in killegland/Ashbourne. I would avoid and as I said before I'd warn friends of purchasing at all in Ashbourne. That's not even considering that the build quality is poor and possibly some outstanding fire safety compliance gaps.

At least in Dublin city where an area might be considered "rough" you have the benefits of living in a city. In Ashbourne you face these anti social children and teens without any benefits- theres no parks, limited shops, less restaurant choices and no cultural amenities (like music or theatres).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭daveville30

Lived there for a year across from dominos.them apartments suit the younger people.i wouldn't buy there if I was wanting the quite life.i didn't mind it though close to everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Redrye

Hi

I know this thread is concerned with Killegland (correct me if I'm wrong...is one of the main streets in the centre of Ashbourne?)....but I'm looking at a house in the Churchfield.

I'm a bit concerned by the comments her and wondering if there is a general issue of anti-social behaviour in Ashbourne. I know that certain estates can be fine but as our kids grow up they'll be interacting more in the centre and with kids around the general area and like I said just worried that it will be a problem. I know everywhere has bad behaviour at times but if it's a serious issue I'd back out of the purchase.

If anyone can shed any light on this itd be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Rory

Churchfields is a nice estate, close to the town for walking purposes. I moved from the Killegland Apts to Navan but if I could have afforded a house in Churchfields I would have bought there.

Antisocial behaviour is rife everywhere. Once your children are raised well and keep good company and don't break and enter apartment complexes to hang out they will be fine.

I hear what you are saying but with that logic you would not be able to buy a house anywhere!

Advertisement