Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never been to Kerry before, recommend me a nice area to stay for a small budget.

Options
  • 14-03-2017 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Myself and the girlfriend are so dedicated to saving for a mortgage that we’re not doing holidays abroad, instead we’re looking to do nice relaxed outdoors Irish stays. Last year we did glamping in Offaly and loved it.

I’ve never been to Kerry before so thought this might be a good opportunity. Basically we’re looking for affordable accommodation (glamping would be perfect), and areas we can go hiking or maybe rent bikes. I’d also like if there was a nice trail or scenic road run (15–25km). Somewhere off the beaten track yet not not a tourist trap and not too far from a town - will prob get the train instead of driving.

Thanks in advance and apologies if your forum is flooded with these types of posts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭dobman88

If you're getting the train your options are limited to Killarney and Tralee really. There is glamping in Killarney, would be 6/7 Euro in a taxi from train station with bags but walking distance to town. Probably 20mins walk. And Killarney has everything you're looking for in your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Rhinohippo

Once you get to Killarney, you have pretty much everything (except a beach) on your doorstep. To be fair, if you can get self catering accommodation, on special offer, that's probably your best bet, as dining out in Killarney is not the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

If you stay in Killarney or Tralee check out the local bus routes/timetables and you can enjoy a relatively low-cost day-trip to Cahersiveen, Dingle etc. (Strikes permitting of course......)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Rhinohippo

Lots to do and see in Killarney too though.

Advertisement