Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sensa Fermo / Cantilever brakes?

Options
  • 14-03-2017 12:02pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was getting a Cube Cross Race, but after 3 months wait i've been told it's not available due to Cube restricting the amount of bikes they make (which is really, really ****ing annoying :mad:). As an alternative, the Sensa Fermo SL Touring was suggested to me. The main problem is it doesn't have disc brakes, and i'm wary of using non disc brakes after having them for years. Are cantilibur brakes much worse than standard rim or disc brakes?

I'm a bit limited in what bike i can pick, as i did it through the Bike To Work scheme with Cyclebike.ie, and i've already made 3 payments. I'm guessing i can't go to a new shop now.

It will mostly be used on the road, but i like the option of taking it off if i want to. Hence sticking with a Cross bike. I'd be tempted to move to a Road bike if there was a good alternative though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

Cantilever brakes are fairly sh*te TBH. I've found them mediocre when dry, and hopeless when wet. I'd stay clear if there's a chance you'll be using it in wet weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Did you receive a voucher from the store or was it an invoice paod by your employer? I'd be inclined to ask for a refund either way if they can't get you the bike you ordered.

Does your company only do the scheme through the shop mentioned above? If not then I see no reason to go elsewhere.

I'd be willing to bet they might find you the bike you're looking for if you plan on going elsewhere.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I got a voucher from work, which i sent onto them. I wasn't tied down to any specific shop either, but I figured i'd be stuck with them, as i've already made 3 payments on the bike over the last 3 months.

If i can change, i might do that so. After reading about them some more, i want to stick with disc brakes.

Advertisement