Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail Fixed Penalty notice

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Laura4193

L1011 wrote: »
    They told you between 11pm and midnight?

I received a letter yesterday.

I continued getting notifications on this thread so I continued replying.

What are you trying to insinuate exactly? I think you need to get yourself a hobby buddy.

The last time I checked Boards was a place for informative discussions, not for argumentative doubting Thomas' insinuating people are lying.

IR had no grounds for the backdate of the fees and I'm delighted with that.
    Have some dignity and stop fighting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Laura4193 wrote: »
    I received a letter yesterday.

I continued getting notifications on this thread so I continued replying.

What are you trying to insinuate exactly? I think you need to get yourself a hobby buddy.

The last time I checked Boards was a place for informative discussions, not for argumentative doubting Thomas' insinuating people are lying.

IR had no grounds for the backdate of the fees and I'm delighted with that.
    Have some dignity and stop fighting it.

How late do you open your post?

As late as 11:26pm you were telling us about the solicitor thinking IR hadn't got a case; not that any case had been dropped. Rather major omission of critical facts there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

How late do you open your post?

As late as 11:26 you were telling us about the solicitor thinking IR hadn't got a case; not that any case had been dropped.

I was bloody home late do you want my personal schedule as well now?

Seriously pal, build a bridge and stop being so bitter.

I was bloody home late do you want my personal schedule as well now?

Just find it very odd, like a lot of this thread.

• Advertisement

Just find it very odd, like a lot of this thread.

Alright Inspector Clouseau, whatever you do don't give up your day job :)

No Fred Swanson something is most certainly not quite right.

Our little persistent bugger L1011 here who is questioning my posts actually had a thread of his own asking how to knowingly avoid a possible RPU fine himself, and actually believed Kilcock to be included in the SHZ - but yet he seems to be a world of wisdom on this thread with his invasive remarks.

I truly believe all of the negative Nelly's and doubting Thomas' here that take it a step too far need to reevaluate their morals, they are making Boards a very hostile place.

Alright Inspector Clouseau

Says the person trawling through old posts, not reading them properly and making serious and wildly inaccurate allegations based on not having read them properly. Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Forum name should be changed from Commuting & Transport to Commuting & Lie Detection

flatty wrote: »
    I'm delighted IR have seen sense. Actually I suspect that they didn't, and that the kind person who helped you found a way around this, but I can easily see how it happened to you, and the guts of a thousand euro was wholly unfair in the circumstances.
    Isn't it great to see the milk of human kindness on display from the bulk of the other posters all the same?

Thanks flatty!

Found out today they were chancing their arm trying to charge me for the unpaid fares with no actual evidence, hence why the fpn system never had them on record.

It certainly would make you think twice about trusting them again that's for sure!

But I really appreciated posters like yourself who weren't such doubting Thomas', thanks again.

And happy Fridayyy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Should have stuck with the thread in Legal Discussion Laura ;-).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

Thanks Fred :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

I truly believe all of the negative Nelly's and doubting Thomas' here that take it a step too far need to reevaluate their morals, they are making Boards a very hostile place.

@Laura4193, please don't tar all posters with same brush. There has been a legitimate and logical concern amongst some that the use of ignorance is not a defence in these cases. I haven't read anything to contradict this and your original fine reflects this.

I'm sure you're very happy with the outcome to the back dating of the previous journeys and it's always worth fighting your corner if you feel right.

HonalD wrote: »
    @Laura4193, please don't tar all posters with same brush. There has been a legitimate and logical concern amongst some that the use of ignorance is not a defence in these cases. I haven't read anything to contradict this and your original fine reflects this.

I'm sure you're very happy with the outcome to the back dating of the previous journeys and it's always worth fighting your corner if you feel right.

Thanks HonalD but I've actually recognised the posters who tried to help me on this thread, which was all I requested. I'm not tarring all posters with the same brush.

I'm aware ignorance is not a defence but I was trying to see if I could prove that the intent to evade a fare wasn't there, as that is what the Act states.

Thankfully there were other defences I could use such as lack of evidence.

I have no problem receiving feedback, negative or positive but I have a problem with posters insinuating I'm lying or querying unrelated situations, such as questioning the time I open my post in a way to "catch me out" because they believe it's odd so therefore it mustn't be true. That's a step too far in my book and I won't tolerate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

I have no problem receiving feedback, negative or positive but I have a problem with posters insinuating I'm lying or querying unrelated situations, such as questioning the time I open my post in a way to "catch me out" because they believe it's odd so therefore it mustn't be true. That's a step too far in my book and I won't tolerate it.

You can make your concerns known to the mods.

Already have, thanks.

Now I've a vision of Buffybot and Monument riding around on Vespas with loads of mirrors :-).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Now I've a vision of Buffybot and Monument riding around on Vespas with loads of mirrors :-).

Get your facts straight.

Monument actually rides a Chopper with lots of mirrors :)

Get your facts straight.

Monument actually rides a Chopper with lots of mirrors :)

I've seen his Chopper, it's a nice one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    I've seen his Chopper, it's a nice one.

https://goo.gl/images/vDTjbV

Advertisement