Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying for car in UK

Options
  • 14-03-2017 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I am in the process of buying a car in the UK and was wondering what the best option is. Can my card be used? The amount is around £12000 and it is a dealer who accepts cards.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

I am in the process of buying a car in the UK and was wondering what the best option is. Can my card be used? The amount is around £12000 and it is a dealer who accepts cards.

Thanks
    Hi Seanosullivan2,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

Provided the dealer accepts your card type, Visa Debit or MasterCard Credit Card, and funds are available in your account it would be possible to make the payment with your card.

Good luck with your new car.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Seanosullivan2

Thanks Tara. 

Are there charges if I were to go this route? Can't find anything online.

Thanks Tara. 

You can find info on charges to pay with a debit card here and a credit card here.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Seanosullivan2

Thanks Tara. 

You can find info on charges to pay with a debit card here and a credit card here.

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara,

The link above only shows for when paying in Euro however my payment will be made in sterling.

Thanks,
    Sean

Thanks Tara. 

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara,

The link above only shows for when paying in Euro however my payment will be made in sterling.

Thanks,
    Sean
    Hi Sean,

On the debit card link, the fees are displayed under 'All other transactions' on the right and on the credit card link they're listed under 'Outside Eurozone' also on the right. 

Thanks, 
    Tara

• Advertisement
Advertisement