Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clomid and holidays

• 14-03-2017 1:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭

To give a bit of background, I am ttc for over a year now I was diagnosed in march last year with PCOS and a thyroid issue which is now under control on eltroxin, I started metformin two weeks ago and am attending a consultant to do bloods on my next cycle with the intent to start clomid the following cycle...

My DILEMMA is, We booked an expensive holiday last year for June this year thinking it would be our last big one before hopefully getting pregnant with a small deposit and we need to pay for it in the next week or two. I am so stressed over whether or not to cancel it as I didn't think I would get an appointment so quick with the consultant or a prescription for clomid. Should I gamble on becoming pregnant on the first cycle of clomid and cancel or take a risk and go ahead as it may not work.....

Any advise from anyone who's taken clomid would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

It's worth having a chat with your clinic to see what they suggest. It should be easy to postpone you starting on it a few cycles later than usual. Maybe a few more months on the other meds alone might be a good thing. In my experience, clinics are great at working with you on these things.

For me, clomid worked on the third cycle, one that I'd debated skipping due too for similar reasons. I told myself that I'd already had two failed ones and I was likely moving onto IUI anyway...annnd you can guess what happened. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

As a fellow PCOS sufferer diagnosed last year would you ask them to delay it by one cycle go on the holiday and come back relaxed fresh and in the best place to go for it? I'm on metformin since last august myself and an extra month in your system can only help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I took 7 rounds of Clomid and have now moved onto Puregon. Back in Jan myself and my husband were trying to make the decision of whether to book holidays or not because I might get pregnant. I said I'm not going to put my life on hold anymore in case I get pregnant. If it happens I'll worry about it then but until it does I'm getting on with my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭emzibob

Thanks Ladies!
    The holiday was booked when I was thinking I can't put my life on hold just incase too but then the closer it gets I'm getting anxious it was the right decision. I think theirs apart of me afraid to ask about postponing as they won't think I'm serious about trying as the clock is ticking(i'll be 34 this year), but as I don't have regular cycles I might not even be on the clomid by the holiday or only starting it so maybe the holiday would be a good thing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Yeah, take it as it comes. No point in worrying about something that might not happen! Now I just have to figure out how to take my own advice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Gra4

Go on your hol! We've been ttc for 6 years every time we book our ivf we get called with bad news like yesterday my progesterone was less than 1 on letrazole and they need it at 30 so do u know what if I was in ur shoes and could afford a hol go girl ! We're over 2 years travelling up and down to Galway fertility clinic for bloods scans , hsg, amh , SA etc our only hope is IVF but at a very low chance I've endometriosis, pcos and no ovulation , go on holiday and relax pet x and enjoy time spent together x

Advertisement