Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing Alarm system... what is a good system from Siemens?

Options
  • 14-03-2017 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi
    I want to install a new wired alarm system and looking for mobile notification and app.
    I have every window (9) and door(2) wired separately and wires for each pir(3) , 1 bell and 2 keypads.
    I have broadband cable ready. I was looking at different options and The Siemens spc seems to be suitable for my needs. I love the app. There are different models what should I go for?
    I want to install inertia sensors on windows and doors . Would you also need contacts?
    What about Honeywell with the galaxy / flex ? Are they good? Do they charge for notifications and app?

Thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Siemens Vanderbilt SPC 4320 would be your best option here IMO. They don't charge for apps and you don't have to pay subscriptions to use the app. You also have the benefit of being able to connect from any web browser should your phone be out of data coverage.
    There are plenty of other options to consider. See the sticky about the apps for more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Maximo23

Hi again. I have an alarm installer insisting that the Siemens spc 4320 does not support inertia sensors. According to messages on this board its the opposite. Am I right?
    Also can I use hkc wired inertia sensors with this panel ?
    Or are Aritech gs613 a better option?

I have 2 velux windows what sensors should I use?
    Also have a upvc French outward opening door. Best position for sensors?
    See photo.

This is a list of what I was considering to install so far for the home:
    Spc4320
    1 keypad spk521.100-n
    Pyronix delta bell
    Aritech gs613
    Siemens pdm-IXE12T magic dual detector 12m wide antimask

Thanks for any suggestions.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Maximo23 wrote: »
    Hi again. I have an alarm installer insisting that the Siemens spc 4320 does not support inertia sensors. According to messages on this board its the opposite. Am I right?
    Presuming you are not referring to wireless, I would recommend you use another installer.If his knowledge is that limited how good is your installation going to be?
    He either hasn't got a clue or he is lying to you. Neither is a good sign IMO.
    Siemens supports wired sensors on all zones. If you are adding an expander for more zones ensure its analysed version.
    The GS613 sensors would be the better option in my opinion.
    I have 2 velux windows what sensors should I use?
    Also have a upvc French outward opening door. Best position for sensors?
    Magnetic contacts for the Velux windows and an inertia contact close to the centre of the frame on the side that must open first.
    This is a list of what I was considering to install so far for the home:
    Spc4320
    1 keypad spk521.100-n
    Pyronix delta bell
    Aritech gs613
    Siemens pdm-IXE12T magic dual detector 12m wide antimask

Thanks for any suggestions.

All good choices & a UTC AS270 for the internal siren.
    Have you enough zones in 8? Front door needs to be on its own, so do any PiRs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Did he call out and survey the premises for you?

From the sounds of it he thinks you want wire free inertia's installed.
    SPC dont have wire free inertia's so he would be right on this.

Yes, you can use either, HKC slimline with the Astec head would be my preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Maximo23

Hi Koolkid.
    Yes i need more than 8 zones. Would the siemens expander SPCE652.100 do the trick.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Yes
    Make sure to get the analysed version just in case you want to connect any perimeter zones onto it.
    I presume as you are asking can you use hkc wired inertia sensors and Aritech gs613s that you are talking about wired zones. If these were mentioned to the installer there definitely should be no confusion about wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Putt it there

Just get hkc , all problems solved

Advertisement