Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing account

Options
  • 14-03-2017 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi I have been using a pay as you go gas meter for the last 12 months.

I recently switched provider and have received a closing bill from electric Ireland for almost 300 euro

I was under the impression that by using a pay as you go meter meant that I could only use whatever credit I had and that I would not billed.

I checked the meter shortly before switching and my balance was in credit by approx 50 euro

Could you please look into this for me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi frankyboy1986,

Thank you for getting in touch.

If you send any of us Electric Ireland reps a private message confirming the relevant Electric Ireland account number, stating that you were the account-holder, your full name, address and date of birth, we will look into this for you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭frankyboy1986

Hi following quite a few phone calls and emails to yourselves and other gas suppliers I am nowhere near resolving this situation and it is quite frustrating.

Heres my scenario I was with electric Ireland electricity + gas from feb 2016 until march 2017.

Since day 1 i have been using a Top up gas card which I purchased at my local supermarket as I was advised to by by EI rep.

I was led to believe the whole idea of having a pay as you go gas meter was to stop the account from going into arrears.

What im looking for firstly is a truthful explanation as to why my account is 292.89 in arrears as I have heard different stories from different reps.

but more importantly I need that bill taken care of as it was sent to me by mistake.

on my online EI account it states that the bill was sent 12/10/2016 but that first payment was not made until 28/11/2016 which is totally false.

I have been topping up my Natural gas card since I got it in Feb 2016 as my gas would have been cut off otherwise.

Also I shouldnt even be getting bills as I was a pay as you go customer and should be receiving statements.

Im trying to find out why all the topups I purchased between february 16 and october 16 are not included on my online transaction list as I purchased 3-400 euro worth of gas during that period and I should be in credit not arrears.

thanks

Marlon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi frankyboy1986,

We are very sorry to read the above.

We recommend removing your GPRN from public view by just editing it out of your post.

If you send us a private message, we can review your account as soon as possible.

Best regards,
    Una

________

Advertisement