Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dealer offer query

Options
  • 14-03-2017 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I've an Audi car 2 years old and the other day I got an email from the dealer where I got my car from. He basically asked me would I be interested in changing my car and said they are seeking 152 cars and have great offers on 171 cars. I'm on a PCP arrangement over 3yrs, it is not due to terminate until Q3 2018. Why would they be offering me to change my car now 1.5 yrs into the arrangement, what should I be looking out for ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,381 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I've an Audi car 2 years old and the other day I got an email from the dealer where I got my car from. He basically asked me would I be interested in changing my car and said they are seeking 152 cars and have great offers on 171 cars. I'm on a PCP arrangement over 3yrs, it is not due to terminate until Q3 2018. Why would they be offering me to change my car now 1.5 yrs into the arrangement, what should I be looking out for ?

trying not to be glib but because they want to sell cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

lawred2 wrote: »
    trying not to be glib but because they want to sell cars

:)

No more than that I'd guess. He possibly has somebody in that is looking for a specific car that matches your spec and hopes he can kill two birds with one stone (upsell you, satisfy the other guy)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Because they want to sell you a new car. Audi seem to be following what BMW and Mercedes have been trying to do over the last few months, driving market share in the premium segment. Also you don't have to see out the entire 3 year term of a PCP deal. You can restart again with a new car at any time in the form of a new deal. What you would have to do is work out how much extra it is costing you in the form of new deposit and monthly repayments to start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭carsfan2

the dealer may be trying to hit sales targets for the end of first quarter so is contacting their client base to generate some sales.
    Your car had taken its biggest depreciation hit in the first year of ownership so you may not find the figures too attractive if you are following this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They don't really want a used cars unless it's at a price that suits them. Used values are being hammered by uk imports and availability of credit for new cars on PCP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭photosmart

Are used values really being hammered? Going on carzone etc Irish second hand values are still silly money

Eg

151 Octavia can be sourced in UK and brought back for about 15000 - 16000
    by my calculations

Average asking price for similar on Carzone is 19950 - even with a hefty discount I can't see them coming within 2k of the price - I wish they would as I'll be looking to buy in the next 8 months and would love to avoid the hassle but it'll be UK for me

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The trade in prices being offered are low but typically the asking prices on forecourts doesn't seem to reflect the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

The dealer is looking to get you in a 171 car as he's in the business of making money and would profit somehow from the deal. :)

Most seem to have a very averse opinion of main motor dealers who try to make money. :pac:

Advertisement