Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jeans for the pear shape

• 14-03-2017 5:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭

Hi ladies.
    Hope someone can help.
    I'm a very classic pear shape-wide hips, saddle bags, and tree trunk thighs and round butt.
    It pains me going jeans shopping. Very few actually make it up past my thighs and those that do I look like thunder thighs with the wide saddle bags.
    All winter I've been in leggings with long tops over them.
    Now that summer is coming I'd like to get back into jeans and tops (I'm small top end).
    I'm size twelve to small fourteen on bottom end.
    Please does anyone have and recommendations for jeans shopping?
    Not slouch boyfriend jeans but something along the regular lines that won't cling to my thighs.
    At the moment I wear Dorothy Perkins jeans and these are as good as I've got but would like to change them up.
    Thanks!

To thine own self be true

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Mod

Moving to fashion and appearance; you'll get better responses there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Anybody got any help for a frustrated shopper? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭mauraf

Hi OP.
    Have you tried any of the styles in M and S? Very good home delivery service if you don't have a store near you...
    Also... Would you consider the skinny jean?marks range are very flexible...so generally work with any shape...look great with a pair of heels for going out...

Thanks for reply.
    I think skinny are out when you have really thick thighs.
    I actually cried once walking from one end of shopping centre to other trying on jeans in every shop.
    It's the tighs that catch me.
    Didn't think of Marks so I'll try their store :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

Thanks for reply.
    I actually cried once walking from one end of shopping centre to other trying on jeans in every shop.

Pear shaped here too. Read about top shop Jamie jeans on a forum recently and they are great. Skinny but with a really great stretch and a normal to high-ish waist.
    I also tend to find jeans that fit me well in Vero Moda and the gap.

• Advertisement

Thanks for reply.

Pear shaped here too. Read about top shop Jamie jeans on a forum recently and they are great. Skinny but with a really great stretch and a normal to high-ish waist.
    I also tend to find jeans that fit me well in Vero Moda and the gap.
    See I'm learning here.. I would have thought Top Shop was for skinny minis. I never explored their jeans.
    I'll google those jeans. Thanks!
    I'm not sure but I think I tried on Vero Moda before. Definitely haven't tried Gap.

Advertisement