Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere in Dublin fixed cracked iPad glass not screen?

Options
  • 14-03-2017 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Does anyone know anywhere that can apply new replacement glass to an iPad, not a full screen replacement that you get in most shops. It seems a common enough repair in other countries but can't find anywhere in Ireland that does it.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Depending on the iPad, the glass and LCD may be fused together, so the whole screen has to be replaced regardless. I think this was the case from the first gen Mini onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭Goose81

Depending on the iPad, the glass and LCD may be fused together, so the whole screen has to be replaced regardless. I think this was the case from the first gen Mini onwards.

Yeah they are fused but the glass can be heated and the glue melted and pulled off, it's alot cheaper than getting the screen replaced. It's an iPad air, Might just get it done next time I'm in London

Obviously most places don't have the equipment or won't try it so just replace the whole screen which is alot easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement