Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake tan allergy

Options
  • 14-03-2017 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi all,

It seems I'm allergic to some fake tan (coco brown) and wanted to get rec's for more natural alternative. The reaction is not too severe, usually itching for a few days and, oddly enough, I break out in a rash the day after putting it on if I exercise, but this usually calms down in an hour or so after.

Anyone experienced similar? I used to use Phenomenal 2-3 week fake tan and didn't have any reaction but given the €50 price tag, wanted to see if any alternatives.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

You could try tanorganic?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

St tropez do a sensitive skin range too I think, although it may be only in gradual tan!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Out of interest have you always been allergic or have you tried a new tan that you reacted to? My sister and another friend of mine have developed allergy in the last 2 years and are always talking about needing an alternative so I'm interested to hear what people suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

Scraggs wrote: »
    Out of interest have you always been allergic or have you tried a new tan that you reacted to? My sister and another friend of mine have developed allergy in the last 2 years and are always talking about needing an alternative so I'm interested to hear what people suggest.

I only had the reaction from CoCo Brown in recent years. I've used St Tropez and Tan organic years ago and didn't like the orange tan they give me. And find Tan Organic very patchy. But I'm not sure if I'd be allergic to them now.
    Interestingly I developed a very bad allergic reaction to all hair dye even ones I'd been using for years...I thankfully happened to patch test on one occasion and it burnt right through skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

The last time i used coco brown I came out in spots all on my chest! Never remembered it happening before! Hadn't used it in a long time tho Cos was using bellamienta! Used that last week and was fine didn't have reaction on chest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

I just wonder have you changed medication (or started taking medication) recently including a variant of the pill. This mat change your sensitivity levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

molly09 wrote: »
    I just wonder have you changed medication (or started taking medication) recently including a variant of the pill. This mat change your sensitivity levels.

Not on any medication or pill right now but my hormones were definitely messed up a few years ago around the same time I developed an allergy to hair dye. Everything is back to normal now but I'm still having allergic reactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I get a really bad reaction from St Tropez - oddly enough Cocoa Brown is grand for me.

Also using bellamianta which I like as well at the mo and no manky rash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

I'd be very careful if you're suddenly developing allergies to products that you've used previously without incident. The severity of these can increase if you accidentally use another product with the same ingredient that you're allergic to. Might be worth going to your GP/allergist for some allergy testing.

Advertisement