Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

foreign drivers licence - impact on premium?

Options
  • 14-03-2017 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi there,

currently I'm insured with a foreign drivers licence (German, since 30 years).

Does this impact the premium negatively, how big is the impact? Does it make sense to exchange it for an Irish licence? 

Thanks & regards
    Rob

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

Bertl wrote: »
    Hi there,

currently I'm insured with a foreign drivers licence (German, since 30 years).

Does this impact the premium negatively, how big is the impact? Does it make sense to exchange it for an Irish licence? 

Thanks & regards
    Rob
    Hi Rob
    We take a range of factors into account when arriving at the price offered, including licence type. If you PM me with your policy details we can give you a call and go through the quotes with you and advise you with regards to the process of changing your licence over to an Irish licence if that’s what you want to do.
    Regards 
    Seán

Advertisement