Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled account twice but Eir still have no record of this

Options
  • 14-03-2017 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hi, 

I cancelled my account on 9th Jan at around 11am (1901) and I was told it would take 30 days 

I received bills at the end of Jan and then again end of Feb

Called Eir and asked to cancel again (22nd Feb around 5pm @ 1901) and also sent the bill back

Got a letter today from Eir saying they have no notes about my cancellation? seriously? I think im going to start recording calls for myself as this is a joke

Do you not keep a log of calls and save these under my account number? sounds like customer service 101 to me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi, 

I cancelled my account on 9th Jan at around 11am (1901) and I was told it would take 30 days 

I received bills at the end of Jan and then again end of Feb

Called Eir and asked to cancel again (22nd Feb around 5pm @ 1901) and also sent the bill back

Got a letter today from Eir saying they have no notes about my cancellation? seriously? I think im going to start recording calls for myself as this is a joke

Do you not keep a log of calls and save these under my account number? sounds like customer service 101 to me?
    Hi fluff_daddy,

Thank you for getting in touch with us today.

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're having with cancelling your account. When a customer calls our cancellations team on 1901 they would be required to submit their cancellation in writing or they would be sent a cancellations link where they would need to click this link in order to complete their cancellation request. Did you submit your cancellation in writing or have you submitted your request via the link? 

Thanks,
    Pamela

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

Hi fluff_daddy,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're having with cancelling your account. When a customer calls our cancellations team on 1901 they would be required to submit their cancellation in writing or they would be sent a cancellations link where they would need to click this link in order to complete their cancellation request. Did you submit your cancellation in writing or have you submitted your request via the link? 

Thanks,
    Pamela

No, i was not told this and did not receive any link

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭DeKing

Hi Fluff I had the same issue with them last year re cancelling. Called them to cancel. Sent back broadband and TV box. One month later got bill which I refused to pay. Rang them up they said oh we didn't put your cancellation through. Told them put it through. Two months later another bill. Exasperated, got in touch with them again oh you've to pay off the arrears on your account before we can cancel. I refused to do so as I didn't use their service since the first time I tried to cancel. Following months was basically rinse and repeat apart from me not bothering to ring up again to try and sort it out cause it seems like I'm banging my head against a brick wall with them. Long story short they "disconnected" my account after bills reached 500, sent debt collectors after me, backed down when I sent a complaint to them and said if this is not sorted withing the next 5 days a complaint will be forwarded onto Comreg. Stopped getting letters from debt collectors after that. I only wish I did forward the complaint onto Comreg seeing as they are still up to their usual shenanigans. All I can say to you is email a complaint detailing everything to Eir and if they haven't sorted it forward same complaint to Comreg and let them deal with it.

Hi fluff_daddy,

Thanks,
    Pamela

No, i was not told this and did not receive any linkIf y
    Please feel free to send me your account number in PM and I will then check this for you on our systems as to why you never received the link. I will have to have a further look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Pamela

DeKing wrote: »
    Hi Fluff I had the same issue with them last year re cancelling. Called them to cancel. Sent back broadband and TV box. One month later got bill which I refused to pay. Rang them up they said oh we didn't put your cancellation through. Told them put it through. Two months later another bill. Exasperated, got in touch with them again oh you've to pay off the arrears on your account before we can cancel. I refused to do so as I didn't use their service since the first time I tried to cancel. Following months was basically rinse and repeat apart from me not bothering to ring up again to try and sort it out cause it seems like I'm banging my head against a brick wall with them. Long story short they "disconnected"  my account after bills reached 500, sent debt collectors after me, backed down when I sent a complaint to them and said if this is not sorted withing the next 5 days a complaint will be forwarded onto Comreg. Stopped getting letters from debt collectors after that. I only wish I did forward the complaint onto Comreg seeing as they are still up to their usual shenanigans. All I can say to you is email a complaint detailing everything to Eir and if they haven't sorted it forward same complaint to Comreg and let them deal with it.
    Hi DeKing, 

I'm really sorry to hear you had a similar experience. If there is anything I can help you with please feel free to PM me. 

Thanks, 
    Pamela.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 John12345

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Fluff, hope your issue got resolved. I also had a similar issue, I cancelled my mobile contract on the 29th Mar over the phone. But today was in contact with them about a related billing issue and asked if they could confirm that my contract was cancelled, and it turns out they have no record of me cancelling my contract. On a related issue on the 29th when I first cancelled my contract the representative provided misleading and incorrect information stating that I had over a year remaining on an 18 month contract, I am in fact on a sim only 30 day contract. After having to argue that this was not the case where I pointed out that if they wanted to push this they were welcome to check the original phone conversation when I signed up, which is the oral contract. After doing some more checks they finally acknowledged that I was on the 30 day contract and it was just a mistake on their system, after which they proceeded to cancel the contract. While I was sure what I had signed up to, because I didn’t want to go on a contract and wasn’t buying a phone, other customers in a similar situation may not and could be misled in to staying with eir for a year and a half on a sim only plan. Also, if I hadn't checked and just ported over to another network when I assumed my contract was up they would have charged me for not giving 30 days’ notice.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]The best case scenario is that these kinds of issues are just the result of incompetence, i.e. an issue was highlighted by two customers on this thread and it appears eir did nothing to ensure that these kinds of errors didn’t reoccur.[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi John12345, 

I'm really sorry to hear you had a similar experience. If there is anything I can help you with please feel free to PM me. 

Thanks, 
    Leanne. 

• Registered Users Posts: 6 John12345

Hi John12345, 

Thanks, 
    Leanne. 
    Hi Leanne,

Thank you for your reply. I will pm you to get confirmation that my contract has been canceled, I already emailed Eir to provide confirmation using the online system on the 11 the April but haven't received a reply, which unfortunately is not surprising and is inline with Eir's poor customer service.
    Also, I would suggest when a customer cancels their contract Eir should automatically provide confirmation.

Best regards,

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Leanne has received your PM and is currently looking into this for you.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement