Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline Thread from 14th March 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Red Kev wrote: »
    It's the grip he has on her left arm that gets it for me. Yes, Miriam, I know you want to get away Miriam, but you're going nowhere till I mark my spot.

It's the pincer "are-you-fcuk-going-somewhere-till-I've-had-my-fun" grip also favoured by Shane Ross. Look at his grip technique on Annalise Murphy; impressive.

Annalise.jpg

Ross pictured above with Fianna Fáil supporter, all round great guy and friend of the show, Pat Hickey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Ross pictured above with Fianna Fáil supporter, all round great guy and friend of the show, Pat Hickey.
    Clutching an A-Z of Rio.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Clutching an A-Z of Rio.
    From A for arrested to Z for zip tie handcuffs.

Joe will be doing his 'research' about GameCon on boards.ie. Only question is how long will it take him to spot the pun in "Con" and con, so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Will Joe do a Chuck Berry tribute show featuring Brush, Paddy, Doc SYL etc?

(a young man of barely 90 summers cut off in his prime)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Liveline on Monday:

a caller in finglas, Jimmy , reminisces about the time Chuck Berry played the Drake Inn.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

dvcireland wrote: »
    Liveline on Monday:

a caller in finglas, Jimmy , reminisces about the time Chuck Berry played the Drake Inn.
    Did he do the duck walk?

Hitchens wrote: »
    Will Joe do a Chuck Berry tribute show featuring Brush, Paddy, Doc SYL etc?

(a young man of barely 90 summers cut off in his prime)

I wouldn't mind a few CB choons, but the usual LL tribute experience will turn it into a mess.
    "Well, Joe, I once stood next to a man who'd seen Chuck Berry ordering a burger."

Red Kev wrote: »
    From A for arrested to Z for zip tie handcuffs.

Joe will be doing his 'research' about GameCon on boards.ie. Only question is how long will it take him to spot the pun in "Con" and con, so to speak.

Joe: De con was well and truly on at de GameCon so to speak. De next caller is Con who was conned at GaneCon, go ahead Con who was conned. How was de GameCon Con?
    Con: I was conned Joe.
    Joe: I KNOW DAT! I KNOW DAT! I KNOW DAT!

one of josephs researchers will be ringing this guy on Monday:

https://twitter.com/CraigOHoon/status/843087221926313989

Sounds like an angry Dub skanger meets angry Dubalin Taxi Driver meets Trade Union Representative. In udder wurds, a dream caller so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Duffy is ruining the history show on rte radio 1 plugging his new buke. "The wimmins that did die in da rising."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Duffy on with Myles Dungan now... Introducing his follow up project to searching the birth certs for 1916. You're all gonna be surprised, it's about death.

Duffy on with Myles Dungan now... Introducing his follow up project to searching the birth certs for 1916. You're all gonna be surprised, it's about death.

I stopped listening to liveline to not have to hear his voice and here he is ruining one of the few shows I still listen to.

Hey ItsSoEasy, you bet me to it.... What is wrong with Duffy... Would he not prefer to spend time with his kids or bring his missus to the latest Mrs Brown's Boys, rather than trying to investigate the deaths of people from over 100 years ago.. The man has issues, he should ring in to Liveline himself, or maybe ring Frasier Crane.

Hey ItsSoEasy, you bet me to it.... What is wrong with Duffy... Would he not prefer to spend time with his kids or bring his missus to the latest Mrs Brown's Boys, rather than trying to investigate the deaths of people from over 100 years ago.. The man has issues, he should ring in to Liveline himself, or maybe ring Frasier Crane.
    I'm suprised myles is giving him the time. Myles you can tell is well read in lots of the topics he covers but Duffy seems to be obsessed with death.

He dropped the civilian men that died in the rising might be his next project. Jesus he needs help.

No doubt we can look forward to another 12 months of him shamelessly plugging and referencing the latest work on Liveline.

Okay bye Joe. Shag off and stop ruining my Sunday evening.

No doubt we can look forward to another 12 months of him shamelessly plugging and referencing the latest work on Liveline.
    I'd say graveyards and funerals must be like a bus man holiday for the duffer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

The man has issues, he should ring in to Liveline himself, or maybe ring Frasier Crane.

Yeah, he has a fascination with death, how people died, how their remains were handled and how they were buried.

The new book is being done for a few reasons:
    • It covers his fascination with death
    • Easy to research
    • Plenty of cash in it for him, due to his ability to promote it free of charge with RTE and other media outlets
    • He gets to play the part of a 'learned scribe', and 'artist', so to speak and can indulge himself in that he belongs to a group of people that he dearly wants to belong to.
    • He obviously got no help with the "Children of the Troubles" book that he promotes via his Twitter and it's a subject that's been covered in books before. Also the 'RA heads in Belfast will be told not to help him "research", due to his hatred of SF.

If I had the time, I'd write a book on the exact same topic, and have it out before his, just to plss him off.

We may need to set up a "Wimmin of the Rizing" thread and announce every time he promotes his book or research free of charge on the Radio & TV. Maybe a little counter to go along with it.

Also an online petition to keep Irish jobs here so he gets his book printed in Ireland this time out.

• Advertisement

Is he not doing de Childers dat did doyed in De Trubbles? He certainly was planning to do that so to speak - he has both spoken and tweeted on it. My suspicion dat de Nordies told him to feck off back to the free state may not have been wrong...

Sideshow Bob only has to change one word and he can sell the same choon to Duffy to promote the new book. Ca-Chinnnnnnng$$$

Is he not doing de Childers dat did doyed in De Trubbles? He certainly was planning to do that so to speak - he has both spoken and tweeted on it. My suspicion dat de Nordies told him to feck off back to the free state may not have been wrong...
    I remember seeing a picture of a cover.

This is just the next installment of a ten volume opus.
    He'll be covering the De Paper Boyz What Did Doyed in De Rising in the next part, followed up by Peepul Who Stood at de Corner of Parnell Square that Did Doyed in de Rising.

I think he's concentrating too much on one thing. There is a fairly sharp plunge in the sales figures of potboilers.
    A nice little steady earner for him would be "Graveyards of Ireland, and de Peepul What Doyed to get in Dem."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

"De Day Dat Bang Bang Shot Forty Coats Over A Bowel Of Coddle"

Jew to de fact dat de ghost writer of de Weekly Column is not feeling de best and dat dare'll be no Weekly Column dis week says I. I'm sorry to disappoint de regular readers so to speak, but me health is more important. I'm in bed now and I don't even have Skoy Sports to watch to help with me ree-kuper-ashun.

• Advertisement

He's also overestimating the interest in a buke about de Rising after de centenary so to speak. I'd imagine he'd be doing well to get 20% of the sales of the last buke in a non commemorative year, but he won't give a Fock as the advance cheque will long have cleared before Hatchette realise their mistake and it's being pulped or in Dealz for €1.50. There's a depth to his shallowness.

What befell you, BS? Is it teeerminal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Got to hear part of this show. Did I hear right he thanked two men out in Glasnevin cemetary who gave him access to records the public don't get to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Jew to de fact dat de ghost writer of de Weekly Column is not feeling de best and dat dare'll be no Weekly Column dis week says I. I'm sorry to disappoint de regular readers so to speak, but me health is more important. I'm in bed now and I don't even have Skoy Sports to watch to help with me ree-kuper-ashun.

Me grandfather died of the ree-kuper-ashun an awful malady sotospeak. Another week of it and the ganger-een would have got him in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

one of josephs researchers will be ringing this guy on Monday:

https://twitter.com/CraigOHoon/status/843087221926313989

Was that Johnny Fallon, so to speak?

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    What befell you, BS? Is it teeerminal?

I'm cast down.

I'm cast down.

There's a lot of that about. just listen to the radio any afternoon during the week.

Still no sign of news on de fees so to speak?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Was that Johnny Fallon, so to speak?

thats a very Joe-esque assumption your making that we all know who Johnny Fallon is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,745 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I'm guessing today's show will be all about the Gamer Con ticketing disaster over the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,745 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Double post

Caught de promo for de furst time in a long time so to speak:

1. GamerCon - where are you "Ferdy"? Ferdy was de organiser so to speak but Joe's team can't find him so to speak. I assume it's "Ferdia" (old Irish name) but Joe and Irish go together like Joe and Matty Matticks, Joe and Geography etc.
    2. I tink dare was somethin' about D'Alzheimers, but I've forgotten what it was about so to speak
    3. Locksmith Levy - day'll be locked out if day don't pay (he did actually say that btw, and was lookin for other puns as he spoke) so to speak

Or most likely none of the above.

neris wrote: »
    thats a very Joe-esque assumption your making that we all know who Johnny Fallon is

Joe: Ah Johnny Fallon from Dubalin, I know him well.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

De 2-17 Joe Duffy Wurkday Calculator and dat:

Wurkdays in 2-17 to date so to speak: 54
    Joe Shows: 46
    No Show Joe Shows: 8
    PBH Shows: 0
    D'Omen Shows: 8
    AN Udder Shows: 0

Judging by some of the comments on the GamerCon thread we have potential for Lahv Lahn Gold today!

And apologies, it is "Ferdi/Ferdy" so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Ah for gods sake...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Not this again.

1. GamerCon - where are you "Ferdy"? Ferdy was de organiser so to speak but Joe's team can't find him so to speak. I assume it's "Ferdia" (old Irish name) but Joe and Irish go together like Joe and Matty Matticks, Joe and Geography etc.
    2. I tink dare was somethin' about D'Alzheimers, but I've forgotten what it was about so to speak
    3. Locksmith Levy - day'll be locked out if day don't pay (he did actually say that btw, and was lookin for other puns as he spoke) so to speak

It's starting well off course, as usual.

De Institutions, the gift that keeps on giving us a pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The church again... It's ****ing 2017

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

Micheal, you were in an institution.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

is this the guy that was on Pat Kennys TV show a few years ago, from Clonmel I think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

When someone called about Gamercon did they forget to mention a Bishop was involved :)

Key point in bold. WHOY have a promo if you're not going to cover those topics Joe?

Joe: Mmmm, Topics.

s-l225.jpg

I'm Board out of my tree already.

This country will be broke with all the redress, compensation etc etc

Everyone jumping on the bandwagon.

Why would you need your windows and doors replaced just because you had been in an institution????

• Advertisement

Caller: De SEE EEEE OHHHH

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement