Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on Whitehall/Beaumont

Options
  • 14-03-2017 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for some general opinions of Whitehall and Beaumont. Looking at a nice house in the west end of Collins Park (agent ad says it's Whitehall but it looks more like Beaumont to me on the map). Have already done some cursory research and (somebody always advises this on Boards, without fail 🙂) have walked around there at night. Seems quiet and harmless enough.

There doesn't seem to be a huge amount of pubs or restaurants around, but it's close enough to town that that's not necessarily a deal breaker. What about schools etc?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I know that alot of houses in the area have gone on sale recently due to the new estate that opened up on the Beaumont Road...can't remember the name of it off the top of my head.
    But there has been no trouble from it that I have heard of at all.

It's a quiet enough area, further into Elm Mount you'll find more youth but they are not as wild as they used to be.

As far as pubs, there are a few around, The Beamont House, The Jolly, Viscount.
    The nearest primary schools is St. Fiachra. The nearest secondary school is St. Aidans, just beside DCU. Rosmini, St. Davids and Ard Scoil are also close by.
    Not too many restaraunts at all.

I'd love to get back to living in Beaumont :)

Advertisement