Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch in stock

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 Assbook

Anyone here willing to pay the 400 euro cex are charging, I wonder if this is legal

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

Assbook wrote: »
    Then why did you order twice

I ordered from Nintendo last week, as they state they'll have Switches in stock late June, while Argos, Smyths, Gamestop and Amazon are mid to late July.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

They were weird with Payment they took it just about two hours before I got a shipped email. So I'm guessing they only charge once your order goes to processing.

Looks like DPD will deliver to parcel motel tomorrow based on the tracking. Did you go down that route to?

Yeah same, took an hour or two until PayPal charged me, just waiting on a shopping confirmation now and I'll cancel my Nintendo Store order!

They didn't give me an option to choose for delivery so I assume it's DPD too. Sent to Parcel motel yeah.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 Assbook

Wouldn't it be a bit strange if Game have a restock before Nintendo themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Not really - since the Nintendo store is operated by a 3rd party and it's within the EU so is subject to all kinds of anticompetition legislation, not to mention how damaging to their already-fragile realtionship with highstreet and online retailers to show favouritism, it'd be strange if they coud divert their stock to one retail outlet at the expense of others so visibly. It'd be easier to give Game preferential treatment over, say, Amazon, than The Hut Group (operating as Nintendo) over anyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nintendo's UK Store is run by Zavvi and they're clueless f***ing d***heads.

Welcome to the Matrioshkan world of online trading! Nintendo's online store is run by Zavvi. Zavvi belong to The Hut Group. The Hut Group is chaired by the chief executive of the Co-Op group. The Co-Op Group is technically owned by the british public, and they in turn are governed by a board of elected officials of which the Conservative Party are currently the largest stakeholder, and that party is lead by... you see where this is going... so basically Theresa May is personally responsibile for the lack of Guardian Amiibos both in the UK and Ireland.

Edit :
    <groucho voice> I knew that Conservatives hated The Guardian... but this is ridiculous</groucho>

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not having a good year, is she? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Assbook wrote: »
    Anyone here willing to pay the 400 euro cex are charging, I wonder if this is legal

Yeah, they do it for most new consoles. NES classics are 250 euro, PSVR was 550, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/support/information/2017/0622.html

They're apologising for the stock shortages and promising more shipments in July and August!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If you have to have a Switch 400 isn't so bad, just make up the difference with some games you aren't playing anymore, then bob's your uncle.
    Or wait, and buy new.

Got a car?
    Get your ass to Craigavon
    https://www.game.co.uk/en/nintendo-switch-neon-red-neon-blue-1712272?utm_source=RakutenMarketing&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=1709054:NowInStock&utm_content=10&utm_term=UKNetwork&ranMID=42508&ranEAID=AKGBlS8SPlM&ranSiteID=AKGBlS8SPlM-f2yr4NH1bJk5_ILhOVy0FA
    (I searched the Newry postcode, BT35 8HJ, Flags Craigavon as having 15)
    £279 which is about €317 in Merkelmarks. Factor in your petrol costs, see if it's worth the trip. Think they have a deal on if you buy a Pro Controller with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Banjo wrote: »
    Got a car?
    Get your ass to Craigavon
    https://www.game.co.uk/en/nintendo-switch-neon-red-neon-blue-1712272?utm_source=RakutenMarketing&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=1709054:NowInStock&utm_content=10&utm_term=UKNetwork&ranMID=42508&ranEAID=AKGBlS8SPlM&ranSiteID=AKGBlS8SPlM-f2yr4NH1bJk5_ILhOVy0FA
    (I searched the Newry postcode, BT35 8HJ, Flags Craigavon as having 15)
    £279 which is about €317 in Merkelmarks. Factor in your petrol costs, see if it's worth the trip. Think they have a deal on if you buy a Pro Controller with it.
    Work 15 minutes down the road to it. Might just bite on that. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Stock came into Smyths Waterford this morning. Lucky to get one!😀

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Mr E wrote: »

Got one in Cork, they had 15 in this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

13 left in Airside...

Sister in law got one for her lad...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Fieldog wrote: »
    13 left in Airside...

Sister in law got one for her lad...

Down to 9 already

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Catvoca

I ordered one off of Amazon UK last week when they were in stock but I got in contact with CS about why it hadn't dispatched and they tell me that they're actually out of stock. Really annoying, I contacted them Monday and the person said everything was fine but today they tell me they actually sold more then they have and I won't get one.

Don't suppose anyone knows anywhere in Dublin/Wicklow that has the Switch in stock now lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Catvoca wrote: »
    I ordered one off of Amazon UK last week when they were in stock but I got in contact with CS about why it hadn't dispatched and they tell me that they're actually out of stock. Really annoying, I contacted them Monday and the person said everything was fine but today they tell me they actually sold more then they have and I won't get one.

Don't suppose anyone knows anywhere in Dublin/Wicklow that has the Switch in stock now lads?

I ordered from amazon last week as well and received mine yesterday, guess you were just unlucky, they obviously don't have good stock control

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

Not quite your area but I was in Manor Mills in Maynooth earlier and Player 1 Gaming seemed to have a few Neon consoles in the window. Worth a phone call in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Not quite your area but I was in Manor Mills in Maynooth earlier and Player 1 Gaming seemed to have a few Neon consoles in the window. Worth a phone call in the morning

I'd forget about that place. They should be called Thieves "Я" Us. Have you ever gone in the shop and looked at their prices? They make Gamestop look like a charity shop. I took a photo of their shop before as I meant to bring them up at some point.
    DDcr0CYXsAEc2QI.jpg:small

I don't know how they're still in business.

Yeah they're expensive for sure, maybe their lease is expensive. You can find the odd gem in the retro games in the left window sometimes :)

Wait a minute - how many of us live near Maynooth? No one goes to Manor Mills out of choice... Should we arrange some sort of an Arms tournament in whatever Mantra is called these days, motion controls and 4 shots mandatory, and it will look to the untrained eye like we're just dancing badly?

Segue : How successful will the Switch need to be before Golden Discs bites and starts selling software? Since they control Tesco's media concession and I'm dreaming of another blowout in 2019/2020, I need them on the train and fast...

I only mentioned Maynooth since Catvoca asked did anyone know of any availability around Dublin area. Might help if there's a birthday at the weekend or something like that and it's a must-have gift

Sorry, you may have taken me up wrong - I didn't mean "you fool! No one lives near Maynooth".

I meant "I live near Maynooth. Sligeach takes photos of Maynooth. Victor McDade, who has the same name as my childhood doctor and therefore freaks me out a little whenever he posts, has been to Maynooth - is Maynooth a veritable mecca for Nintendo Boardsies?"

Apologies for any offence caused. It's bad enough having to live in the Maynooth microclimate, you don't need me making your life any worse :D

Hi Banjo

**cups hand

"Cough please"

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Razor Russ

For those looking for Neon versions they are now reserveable on Argos.ie for deliver Monday 3rd - Wednesday 5th. They are available from the following stores around Dublin: Jervis, Omni Park, Ilac, Dun Laoghaire and in Nass co Kildare. My little lad has been looking for a week for one. I have been using checkargos.com to monitor stock in 10 stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Catvoca

Razor Russ wrote: »
    For those looking for Neon versions they are now reserveable on Argos.ie for deliver Monday 3rd - Wednesday 5th. They are available from the following stores around Dublin: Jervis, Omni Park, Ilac, Dun Laoghaire and in Nass co Kildare. My little lad has been looking for a week for one. I have been using checkargos.com to monitor stock in 10 stores.

Thanks for the heads up! Dun Laoghaire says they're getting them between sat-mon, so I should hopefully be getting one!

Advertisement